Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bird99 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I have T-mobile here in the states and wondered if anyone knows if this will work in Belize.

I've already called T-Mobile and they currently don't have any partner networks in Belize. However, they said that i may be able to use the networks in Belize and be charged their rates.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

No US network coverage. You'll have to get your phone unlocked, buy a local sim card and number and pay their rate!

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
Verizon works in Belize for about $1.75 US per minute!
Very strong signal.......better than local cell service.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
R
ron Offline
R
I have T-Mobile in the States. The network they use is BTL. The rates for a call to the US is about $4.50 per minute. Text messages are 50 cents. I turn off my data before I leave the States so don't know what the cost would be. I have been using T-Mobile for the last 3 years and stay on Caye Caulker for 6 months at a time. Suggest you get the phone unlocked and get a local SOIM card. Cost for a call then is about 12.5 cents. BTL has recently changed their rules about unlocking phones and giving them SIM cards. I just buy unlocked phones in the States bring with and then use as a local phone. I also use Viper, Skype and Tango to make calls they are almost free.

B
bird99 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
ok, thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions. How the heck do you get a phone unlocked? Is this something i do through Tmobile or will someone there in Ambergris Caye be able to help with this.

Much appreciate this Forum...You all are awesome!!! I can't wait for my trip...i know i am going to Fall in love.

best wishes, Bird

J
J
I have T mobile phones. ask them to send you the unlock code. then follow the directions. you will need a non-t mobile sim card to do it. very easy to do

B
bird99 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks, for the info....;-)

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 324 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.