Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#49037 06/07/02 11:31 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Thank you to all who replied to my previous question. I have definitely decided to go. Now I just need to decide on a place to stay. I have been reading reviews from various sites about where to stay, and it seems that there is a general consensus on which places are the best for budget minded folks (Banana Beach, Belizian Reef, The Palms, Banyan Bay, Ramon's, just to name a few). I am wondering, however, what would be the best deal for a single traveler? All the places I mentioned, with the exception of Ramon's, seem to offer way more room in their single units than I need. My ideal place would have a bed, bath and sand outside my front door. I don't even cook at home, so I am not going to start on my vacation (i.e. no kitchen needed)! I would much rather spend my money on activities like snorkling, site seeing, etc., as opposed to my room. If all goes well, I should only use the room for sleeping! What do you guys think about a place like Rubies? Or would Ramon's be better? I also need to be close enough to town to walk to town for meals etc. By the way, I am a 32 year-old high school teacher(female)from California. This will be my first solo trip, as I decided I am tired of not seeing the world just because none of my friends can take the time to have some fun! Oh, one more question . . . I am waiting on my passport(It should be here in the next two weeks)and would like to know if I will have a hard time making last minute reservations for lodging? I would make them now, but if the passport does not arrive I will be stuck with a room and no way to get there. Did I mention I teach English? This would explain my tendency to be a little long winded! Thanks in advance to any who answer my questions.

#49038 06/07/02 12:01 PM
D
D
A good recommendation is the Sunbreeze Hotel.

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
#49039 06/07/02 12:11 PM
D
D
Lily's is also recommended and it's probably exactly what you're looking for.

Very clean comfortable and safe.

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
#49040 06/07/02 12:13 PM
B
bug Offline
B
I can't recommend a place to stay as this will be our first trip to Belize. I just wanted to say "GOOD FOR YOU" for your comment " I am tired of not seeing the world just because none of my friends can take the time to have some fun!" I'm guessing that this will be your first trip of many! There is nothing like travelling to a different country and meeting so many great people!! Luckily I have friends and now a great husband who loves to travel as much as I do.

Have a wonderful time!

#49041 06/07/02 12:38 PM
You might consider the Hideaway too. I don't know of any place there i would consider unsafe! If you haven't done so already, use the "Lodging" link at the top of this page.
I also recommend barbsbelize.com she helped us with airfare this time and did us well.
She's familiar with the lodging there too.
She's in Belize now but returns the 10th,i think.
Richard

#49042 06/07/02 06:12 PM
ellyd...
I stayed at Ruby's about three weeks ago. Great place for a budget traveler. A bed, a shower, a fan, right on the beach. It's very simple, but clean and comfortable. What more do you need? Step right out into the sand, and go to the pier to SEArious Adventures, they'll hook you up with snorkeling, etc. - they're great. We met lots of great people at Ruby's, and also at Fido's (gotta go there for drinks/dinner/music/etc. it's a blast). Have fun!
IJ

#49043 06/07/02 11:42 PM
L
L
Elly,
When are you going to be in Belize? I'm planning on going the first through third week in July and it would be great to meet up! I'm 28, F and will also be traveling alone.

#49044 06/08/02 12:37 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Lovinlife
I am planning on being there the 26th of June through July 9th (If I am able to book a room for those dates - e-mailed a bunch of inquires and am waiting for responses from varios hotels). I would love to meet up, as this is my first solo trip and I am a bit nervous that I won't make any friends. I am a lot of fun once people get to know me, but can be a bit reserved when alone and out of my element. I am hoping this trip will help me to get over this inhibition. Kind of a sink or swim type of adventure!

#49045 06/08/02 09:39 AM
Elly and Lovin - Read the June/July threads. There's going to be several of us down there while you're there and we are having a little party at Fido's on July 1st (Monday night about 8pm). Hope you can come by and join us. Everyone is welcome....the more the merrier! My hubby and I will be getting there on June 27 (staying at the 7 Seas). Maybe we can meet up sometime before the party.

#49046 06/08/02 10:47 AM
E
OP Offline
E
SeaJay
SLO! I live in Bakersfield. Which as you can imagine, makes a vacation to a beautiful place all the more necessary. This is another reason I don't think I will mind a little heat down there this time of year. So far all my inquiries into hotel vacancies have been affirmative, so all I need to do now is choose a place. I was going to stay at one of the moderately priced places, but when I checked out Rubies and Lily's, I realized I could stay twice as long for the same money. That is one drawback to traveling alone. . . you are stuck with the entire room cost. I am going to book my plane/room reservations today, and I am shooting for the 26th through the 8th. I am sure both Lovinlife and I would love to meet up with you guys! I am already feeling better about being solo on this trip. Sounds like it is the kind of place good friendships are made!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.