Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
B4B Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Great points from all. We definitely are going to rent out our home in the US for at least a couple of years to make sure AC is truly the place we want to be. Reading about all of the crime lately has me a little worried about the future there but hopefully this will be handled appropriately in a timely manner.

Harriette, thanks for the heads up on the book....I will check it out. smile
Would love to stop by sometime to see your birds and other animals as I have driven past your place on several occasions.

Everyone, please keep the tips coming. I feel one cannot have too much information in order to make appropriate decisions in life.

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!

I made one trip and knew this was home. I made many more before sorting out how to make it so. Each of us has our own internal compass and our own path. Be sensible, but don't spend all your time doubting your choice because that takes energy away from succeeding and enjoying.
Get advice from people who stayed as well as those who did not. I once asked a family who was moving away, how many places they had lived ---- the answer was 7 places in 8 years. Doubtful the problem was really location?
Belize is not for everybody, but a few years here would be good medicine for many.

B
B4B Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I couldn't agree more Diane. At this moment I am fed up with America and the decline in all aspects of society due to greed. I know Belize has many problems but, to take a break and slow down into that lifestyle, is very appealing and we are fortunate to be able to make it happen. Who knows? It might be the best thing ever or the worst choice I have ever made....but I am definitely going to find out the answer to that question beginning later this year. smile

LOL Diane:
I think I know who you mean! They used me good.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
P
We leapt in a little faster than we planned, but an opportunity popped up and it gave us a purpose and meant we weren't going to run off home at the first few major hiccups.

The best advice I ever got. "You've got to really want to live here to make it." As lots will test you, as it is very different to London, where I came from. If it works, great. If it doesn't; you tried, you tasted it and won't wonder "what if?" for the rest of your life. Win win.

B
B4B Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Touch� Phil....touch�. Our situation is very similar to what you describe smile

R
R
Hi, Here in San Pedro is Adelle's House 501-634-0041 Adelle deals with interior design/ custom made bamboo, wicker, Rattan, and Mennonite, furniture, her house is a showroom and is above Manelly's Ice Cream across from the Lions Club. Call her for appt. We might be just what you are looking for. Good Luck. Mitch. 501-624-3351

Namiste/Have a blessed day
T
T
Also, the newest truest story told:

Stephen Krueger's book (all true) Island of the Son.

S
S
Just downloaded, will give a review when I'm done.

B
B4B Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Does anyone have experience shipping your wine collection from the US to Belize?

I have heard it is possible if it is in a container that includes all of your households good as well.....just need to convince customs that it is for personal consumption and not resale. I would like to ship my wine cooler, a few cases of wine and computer ahead of the main container of goods but cannot locate a company that will ship the wine.

Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.