Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Jaguars, Birds, Monkeys and Horses join us with John Carr of Banana Bank in Belize- for this exclusive interview of this well renowned horse whisperer and expat in Belize. This is a show from Belize Teve Biography with our Host Macarena Rose. You do not want to miss Sarah ( Producer) up close with the jaguar- this is one of 4 parts.

R
R
My introduction to John's Jaguar was when I walked up to what I mistakenly thought was a chicken coup and put my face against the wire to peer in. My heart stopped when the Jag jumped up and we were eyeball to eyeball and I mean eyeball to eyeball.

John attempted to teach this Bostonian about his horses and all the facets of horse raising that he seems to love. I think he sensed I wasn't getting much out of it so we moved from the stables to his fields where I got a course in crop rotation; farming methods; security; hybrids and how they can be naturally produced.

Later on I was introduced to Caroline, John's wonderful wife who took the time to tour my wife and I through her studio. Art is another thing in life that is a little distant for me but I did appreciate her work and my wife who has a better handle in this area said her work was very good.

For two people who had such different backgrounds all I can say is John is a person that I will remember till my last day on this earth. He made quite an impression as an honest cowboy who understood the compromises in life and was very content on the course of his life. Like me he had more plans than he has years left. It has been too long and I think I may mosey out his way next winter, life is too short and maybe John can teach me a little more on a second bout. If not about farming I'm sure he can on life.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Tika has been around a longgggggggggggg time, first time I hung out at BB was in the mid/late 90s'. Easy to spot her in promo materials too. That unique marking above her left eye......

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
R
R
I wonder if this is an older interview? I was quite certain that John told me that the cat that was there when I was (about 2 or 3 years ago) was a new cat and that it would not be smart for anyone to enter the cage with it. He told me the former resident, who had passed was very tame.

Other memorable moments was my introduction to Juanita the wild pig who roams the property including the chow hall on one occasion. Also my amazing introduction to leaf cutter ants. They actually made a path through the jungle and I watched them in fascination for quite a while.

Jim
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

2 more 15 minute segments...

Horses in Belize with John Carr- Horse Whisperer

Horse Whisperer John Carr takes us to see his monkeys and horses in this video in Belize.

John Carr with Host Macarena Rose

Visit today with Long Time Belize Expat John Carr as we go along with Belize TV Biography host, Macarena Rose. This is Part 2 of 4 and you will see the birds of Belize and hear more from the engaging John Carr.

Best of America by Horse Back Interviews with Tom Seay and John Carr from david archer on Vimeo.

Best of America by Horse Back Interviews with Tom Seay and John Carr

Lively interviews with Tom Seay host of Best of America by Horseback and John Carr from Banana Bank in Belize bananabank.com

Best of Amercia by Horseback interviews with Tom Seay and John Carr. from david archer on Vimeo.

R
R
In the second segment John confirms what I suspected. This interview was done about 9 years ago. The Jaguar was his former cat and not the one he has now.

Regardless John was the same person when I visited him and I highly suspect he hasn't changed much today, especially his wisdom.

His bird cage and collection was amazing. Hopefully people view these segments and visit Banana Bank because it is a really unique ranch and experience.

Jim

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.