Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Police have responded to an attempted robbery incident at Bowen and Bowen Distributors located on Blake Street. Initial investigations have revealed that around 1:20PM on Friday, May 9th, a male person charged into the office with a firearm and demanded money. Security guards on duty quickly responded, removing him from the office away from the employees. The assailant fired nine gunshots; no-one was injured but a glass door was broken. The man fled the scene before San Pedro Police could arrive.

According to Officer in Charge of San Pedro Police, Superintendent Luis Castellanos, no one was injured and nothing was stolen. "The man fled into the nearby area after shooting, but no one was hurt. Luckily a security officer was able to identify the attacker and police are now searching for the suspect," said Castellanos.

San Pedro Sun

Don't quite understand.......if the security guards were able to remove him from the office, but he still was able to fire nine shots and get away. Bowen & Bowen in broad daylight...........this is some brazen seriously dangerous dude. Hope they catch his arse.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I live 300m away and was out in the yard did not hear a thing. My son has just told I was drilling and sanding the back gate.

S
S
I don't understand why they don't do something like name the suspect and put out a picture on the Internet so people can call in if they see him (or shoot him).

Wanted Poster Dead or A Live would be a good IDEA.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Bowen & Bowen office
(San Pedro town)

There was an attempted armed robbery yesterday afternoon at the San Pedro branch of Bowen and Bowen Limited.

According to reports, around 1:30 pm yesterday a man brandishing a firearm stormed the Bowen and Bowen office on Blake Street and demanded money.

The on-duty security guard was able to eject the armed robber who did not get close enough to any of the employees to take anything.

But before he left the area, the armed robber fired a number of shots.

Fortunately none of the shots caught anyone but bullet holes in a glass door indicate how lucky the employees were.

By the time the police arrived at the scene shortly after the attack, the armed robber had already fled into a nearby area.

Police in San Pedro are reported to have already found out the identity of the man and are looking for him.

The name of the suspect, who remains armed, has not yet been released publicly, and he remains on the run.

Bowen & Bowen office
(San Pedro town)

Patrick Jones

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.