OP Offline
X
I am financing a lot purchase in Caulker caye and I need some legal advise

A
A
Check your PM's.

D
D
Nunez at Musa and Balderamos has handled almost fifty financing deals on lots on Caye Caulker for me. I have tried a dozen others inc. Perera and was not happy with the outcome.
She has the most experience in this area.
I find older experienced lawyers do not always ask for all the money upfront.
When a lawyer is full paid they want to file your paper and seek new work to get paid again.
There are often delays at GOB, so your paperwork winds up on a desk in Belmopan.
Your prepaid lawyer moved on long ago and mostly lost interest.
A lawyer who has not been paid is likely to keep in touch with your documents and make sure you get them in a timely manner so they can collect their check.

I find many folks suggesting a lawyer because they once had them file something simple which went through GOB without a hitch.
If there had been a GOB problem, that same lawyer would not have made the client nearly as happy.
Look for suggestions from people who have had a LOT of cases from that lawyer, in all different circumstances.

Last edited by Dane; 01/25/14 12:36 PM.
A
A
You neglected to mention that you were already dealing with a reputable realtor, you may have gotten different advice.
Lawyers will inevitably complicate matters to justify their fees.
Just my 2 cents, go for it if you feel the need.

L
L
Xristos - did you ever find a good attorney. I'm in the same situation. Looking for legal assistance for a transaction in Ambergris.

D
D
Somewhat along these lines....

My husband and I bought 3 lots (on AC) from an American on an American contract several years ago on the typical 10-10-10. We are getting close to time to pay it off and would like some information on how to find an attorney, real estate agent, or other professional that can get us through the paperwork. We are still in the states and can only make one trip this year; I could make two if absolutely necessary.

Any suggestions for help on this would be great.

Last edited by DogLady; 05/28/14 03:23 PM.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
D
D
With Nunez we do not need to be in Belize at all to close. These things take months at GOB, so we come to Belize without regard to the signings and just do them at our convenience in the States.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day