Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#491296 05/23/14 11:48 AM
R
rwing Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I am planning a 6 month visit to San Pedro next summer. I would really like some help with knowing what kind of electric bill I will have each month. I know that it will depend on how I use my A/C mostly. I have heard that my bill could be as high as $300. I only use my A/C while I am in the residence(probably a one bedroom condo) and I keep it around 80 degrees. The reason I am asking this is that depending how high my electric bills is, it will determine how much I can afford in monthly rent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

S
S
I live in a one bedroom. I generally use my A/C only from 5pm to 9pm, set at 78F. All of my lights are LED WiFi controlled. I don't watch much TV. My stove is gas. My fridge is new. My bill is about $200 a month.

R
rwing Offline OP
OP Offline
R
OUCH! $200 per month only running your A/C from 5 to 9. That would probably be similar to the times that I would run it during the day. You don't need your A/C at night during the summer?

Originally Posted by rwing
OUCH! $200 per month only running your A/C from 5 to 9. That would probably be similar to the times that I would run it during the day. You don't need your A/C at night during the summer?

$200 per month is reasonable. My bill averaged $392.00 BZ per month for the last 12 months using A/C about 50% of the time. All electric, no gas

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
I have south facing windows that make it necessary to have the A/C on to cool off the place when I get home from work and make it comfortable in the evening. The tile floors cool off at that time and then I use a fan beside the bedside through the night. I refuse to use A/C at night. I've only had A/C for 4 months, the last 11 years (different location, NE unit) I only used a fan no matter how hot.

I am so happy with my solar. My 2m level living quarters plus 3rd level master suite are on solar.
This leaves two small apartments, outdoor landscape lights and the water pump still on the grid.
I have been able to reduce my BEL bill substantially. $148.00, $154.00 and $108.00 all Belize Dollars.
The apartments have A/C units but they have not been used for over a year.
We all have the ability to control our consumption and decide what is important to us.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
My wooden house with A/C used maybe 3 times a week, fridge, washer/dryer used once a week and a TV on for about 5hrs a day and a ceiling fan on all night my bill is an average $65 a month. grin

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
Harriette if I may ask what were your bills before solar?

Please note that the sums on the power bill are probably Belize dollars, not US or Canadian.

My monthly bill covers use from two houses always occupied, a guest house sometimes occupied and a swimming pool (pool pump, no heater). My bill averages 400 Bz a month during winter and a bit more in the summer. The bill was substantially higher before I installed a solar hot water heater. I occasionally run the AC, but not daily. Finding a home with good cross ventilation helps reduce your power consumption.

P
P
As often, I have the flip side. I have a Vacation Rental house and when full my summer electric bill is $1,500 per month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.