There is no denying that Ambergris Caye in Belize country is a beautiful destination. With gorgeous beaches, incredible scenery and warm climate, it is the perfect place to relax and unwind. For most people, a few days or weeks in paradise is just not enough. If you are interested in visiting or even moving to Ambergris Caye, here are seven reasons to push through and make one of the best decisions of your life.
1. Affordability – One of the biggest factors to determine whether to vacation or relocate to a new place is budget. On Ambergris Caye, the costs of living are low. Belize real estate and even Belize hotels are affordable, and basic necessities are much cheaper than they would be in North American destinations.
2. Relaxed atmosphere – The thing that brings visitors back to Ambergris Caye time and time again is the atmosphere. The pace of life is slower on the island, creating a place that is welcoming and inviting. Whether you intend to spend your days relaxing on white sand beaches or swimming in refreshing waters, you will enjoy the relaxing and calming environment.
3. Great banking system – Moving to Central America is a concern for people who are not familiar with the banking system in Belize. But just a little research shows that it has an incredibly secure banking system in place.
4. Unbelievable climate – With a tropical climate that stays warm throughout the year, Ambergris Caye is a major destination for those who do not want to live through another cold winter. While there is a minor variation in temperature between summer and winter in Belize, temperatures remain in the 70s every month of the year.
5. Convenient health care – Ambergris Caye may be a tropical island, but it does not lack the proper medical and health care systems. There are several doctors living on the island, and there is a large clinic that is open 24 hours a day with a doctor or staff on call. Health care in Belize is also very affordable.
6. Expatriate community – Although people planning to move to Ambergris Caye usually want to get to know the local culture and local residents, it is also nice to have a taste of home with fellow expatriates. There are many citizens from around the world that call Ambergris Caye home so it is easy to make friends and establish new friendships.
7. Recreation opportunities – There are countless ways to enjoy yourself on the island. On the water, visitors and residents can swim, snorkel, dive, fish or kayak. On dry land, there are opportunities for tennis, golf and other sports.
It is clear to see that Ambergris Caye is a wonderful destination. Whether you are interested in a Belize vacation or even making it your new home away from home, Ambergris Caye boasts everything that you will ever want or need.