Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
T
Just found this. If its still up to date it gives some alternatives and advice.

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/331961/Pepper_Spray.html

S
S
That dog has you scared and he knows it.
There are only two courses of action for you to change it's behaviour. You can compel it or you can reward it, you cannot reason with it.
His view of his own position in the hierarchy of things is out of skew.
Get yourself a big strong stick and be prepared to use it.
As soon as he starts towards you raise it and if necessary give him a good short sharp shock.
End of his snout is preferable, control his head and you will control him.
Be prepared to keep going until he stops. You are not doing anything illegal other than protecting yourself.
That should reset his pack mentality clock and let him know he is lower down the chain than you and yours.
Keep the stick with you for the next few days. Then try making friends with it and small rewards for good behaviour.

Regards

Martin

T
T
Stun gun? really. Why not just shoot it while your at it. That has to be the dumbest suggestion ever posted on this board unless of course you meant to have him use it on the dog owner.

Y
OP Offline
Y
Agreed. Once i faced him and started screaming at him like a fool he finally backed down but it rattled my nerves. Now he sees me his head goes down, he goes into crouch low mode and just watches. I lived with a 110 pound police k-9 for many years so i know the rath of anger a dog can unleash and bites are NOt something i care to deal with. My police k-9 and i had a few run ins but believe it itnwas VERY short lived. Not something to fool with. I justbwish people understood the sever damage a dog can do to an adult, child or pet and keep the damn things on a leash! But, i do have a very pretty baseball bat that may get a work out soon lol

Last edited by lperdue; 06/17/14 11:39 AM.
A little clorox in a water pistol and problem solved.

Captain One Iron
Is the " neighbor woman who lives across from me has a large dog that is NASTY." a local?

Y
OP Offline
Y
I believe so? Im not sure. Id much rather introduce myself and explain this but i dont dare knock on her door with a dog like that, i hate not being neighborly it just isnt me to not get to know folks but this isnt a normal situation. Once i saw how she reacted before i got the clear impression she either didnt care or couldnt control the dog either. I heard another neighbor a day ago yelling for her to call her dog back as well so at least i know its not just me, i really feel bad about it. Ive never had a neighbor issue before anywhere ive lived. If she knocks on MY door however ill be glad to explain my concerns and try to come to some type of understanding, im at a loss.

Last edited by lperdue; 06/17/14 09:49 PM.
M
M
Did you talk to SAGA? Amanda was right on the money with the best solution.

Sorry you are faced with this situation. I can sympathize as there is a road close to home that I go down a lot and there used to be a few unruly dogs there, thankfully just one now. I got bit once right through my jeans and had to get a tetanus shot.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Y
OP Offline
Y
Not yet. Inwas told yesterday that security filed report with office and they saw her going to the office so may e she has been spoken to. The proof will be when the dog is out again and if its on a leash this time. Any further issues and inwill go directly to SAGA. I agree, amandas solution seems better, at least doing it that way theres a " trail" so to speak.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 328 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.