Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
OP Offline
P
Wondering how much development is going on at Caribbean Villas. Is all the wild land being taken? Will that part of the island be much more crowded now? It was always serene and quiet at that part of the beach. Would appreciate any information. Thanks.

We enjoyed a day on the beach there on Sunday.....Had a nice grilled Lobster and a bottle of wine....Enjoyed watching the kids sail, the music play and the trees sway.....did not see much development....Looks like they're just cleaning up the grounds.....For the most part it looks the same......

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
M
M
Looked to me when we were there at the end of April that they were building some apartments or something in the back.

M
M
Over the last few and the next few months the new owners are adding 48 more hotel rooms. There will be 12 on each floor with an elevator in the middle. These rooms are in the traditional hotel style but priced at a very reasonable rate which will allow more people to visit Isla Bonita during the peak seasons. All rooms will have their own balconies and all will have a view of the Caribbean Sea. The scheduled opening date is november 1.

The Beach Bar is and has been extended and will become a full blown restaurant by the end of november. The good news for guests is that the restaurant and bar will be closed by 9.30pm so as not to disturb the traditional tranquility of the resort. The restaurant opens and will open at 7.15am for breakfast,and continue throughout the day.

All of the "old" caribbean villas units are presently being upgraded,as scheduling permits, and all these rooms will have new windows,new beds,upgraded bathrooms,kitchens and sitting rooms. All units will be repainted.

Overall CVH will be providing a minimum of a further 15 full time jobs to the local populace and with the builders and carpenters and general handymen earning good salaries which will be spent in the local market place. Incidentally all people being employed are paying their social security dues.

When this stage is finished the owners have yet to decide whether to develop anymore of the property . It is situated on one of the best beaches on Ambergris Caye,and one of its prime features is no sea wall which is ideal for children,swimmers and everyone else who like wandering into the sea.

Sounds like a good business plan, upgraded rooms for a reasonable price!
Closing the restaurant at 9:30, is that last order, or guests out?

Live and let live
M
M
New hotel, 48 rooms - 12 rooms each floors, that's 4 floors. I thought there was a height restriction on San Pedro?

That went years ago.

S
S
That went out the window a long time ago.

I do believe that the height restrictions are 4 stories now.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
G
G
I'm their next door neighbor. Nobody's bothered telling me. Great business plan, but not very neighborly. Can you imagine, quiet little bird sanctuary and beach jungle adding 100 people a day?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 343 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.