Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

This is awesome... love it...

Three girls gussied up and watched a novela together. Here's our candid conversation about it. Mary: So us three girls got to dress up and go to a fancy party. I honestly was dreading it because I guess after my experience with Curse of the Xtabai (directed by the same guy who directed the telenovela), I wasn't sure what to expect. What were you expecting?

Monique: I love soap operas and novelas, even though I don't really understand Spanish the plots always seem so dramatic, and definitely entertaining to watch. I was actually pretty excited to see La Isla Bonita, I love the idea that it was genuinely a community effort featuring familiar faces, and also that it would be in 'Spanglish', which was definitely a bonus for me.

Janelle: Well to be honest I was just plain eager to see what all the talk was about. The first trailer looked good so I got excited and was excited for it to premier but then the second trailer came out and I was like "eh". So I went to the premiere with neutral expectations. I think at the beginning I was more excited about dressing up than the actual telenovela.

Click here to read the rest of the story and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize's Isla Bonita Telenovela Available for Purchase Online

After a very successful premier on the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, the first episode of the country's first telenovela (soap opera) is now available for purchase via Vimeo-On-Demand and online streaming from anywhere in the world!

Island residents have one last chance to catch Episode 1 of the Isla Bonita Telenovelas this weekend at the Paradise Theater in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. Showing dates and time include Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 7p.m. ($15 adults, $12 children). Don't miss it!

After the final weekend showing in San Pedro, it is expected that the telenovela showings will move inland with venues and dates to be announced shortly. It has been announced that it will show next week at the Bliss Institute of Performing Arts theater in Belize City.

Visit The Isla Bonita website to purchase Episode 1 online; your rental supports the production of future episodes. http://www.islabonita.bz/

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

We went to see it on the last evening --- super! Kudos to all concerned.
This is fun, and we're looking forward to seeing the next installment!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Making La Isla Bonita, pilot episode

A behind the scenes short documentary of the making of Belize first telenovela pilot episode, featuring former Miss Italy actor and model Denny Mendez, a local San Pedro cast and crew. A longer cut will premiere at Cayo film festival later this year.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
La Isla Bonita Telenovela - A big congratulations to the entire cast, crew and sponsors that made La Isla Bonita Telenovela possible! The pilot episode has been selected to be part of Carifesta Barbados 2017!!!

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.