Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#493210 07/09/14 09:23 AM
M
mawags Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We are moving to Belize in January. I was wondering what you put on the custom form when they ask how long you are there for. Do you just say you are a tourist and you are staying for 30 days, then get your passport stamped every month?

P
P
The truth. It's that easy. Also Customs don't care, you meant Immigration wink

The truth always works for me. Just don't do anything that would jeopardize your staying in Belize if that is what you are planning.

Captain One Iron
M
mawags Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So should we just tell them we are moving there for the year? I'm not trying to hide anything, just didn't know if they have to know all of that.

M
mawags Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yes, when you fill out the forms on the plane, they ask you how long you are going to stay and why are you visiting.

Just tell the truth. They likely won't notice and you can always say undecided which frankly should be your answer anyway if you are not dead set on staying.

Captain One Iron
I write FOREVER

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
W
W
I had an interesting experience yesterday. I came in and declared about $500 US in items. The customs agent checked my bags and told me that I needed to pay a flat 37% tax on the items, Some sere household good and some were electronics. He asked me "do I need any help". I said I don't think so,and he asked again if I needed any help. I think he was asking if I was going to protest the tax. I again said no, I will pay whatever you think is appropriate. He told me what the tax would be and said that they were only going to charge me $50.00BZ but that I should go over to the cashier and pay him $150.00 BZ and that he would give me a receipt for $50.00 bz.

Is this a common practice?

I've been experiencing some new situations with customs.Belize government has a department that is supposed to investigate corruption and I guess it's time for them to get to work.
Corruption undermines the economy and hurts normal business.
Belizeans should be angry at government workers abusing the process for personal gain.
Customs tried to hold my shipment ransom and I told them I love my country more than what's in that box...it got delivered shortly after.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
When I was bringing things into the country a few years ago every shipment would have several desirable items go missing or in the case of anything to do with communications declared incompatible with the GOB control of the airwaves and always confiscated. You would always find the items for sale in a week or so.

Captain One Iron
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.