Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#493269 - 07/12/14 01:49 AM Telephone service-
RLF Offline
what have people found reliable and calling U.S. what is the cheapest. Are any of the internet sited used

#493281 - 07/12/14 11:52 AM Re: Telephone service- [Re: RLF]
cm815 Offline
We have used Magic Jack for the last 2 years. Yes internet is required. $39.95US for a year

#493286 - 07/12/14 01:05 PM Re: Telephone service- [Re: cm815]
ragman Offline
I've used Ooma for maybe 3 years and most of the time it is fine. You need internet service plus I pay a tax on the service to the State of MA which is the area code that I used. It comes out to about $3.50 a month. Of course you have to buy the Ooma set up first and I can't remember what that cost, maybe $200 but that is a guess.

I'm not a tech guy so someone else had to set it up for me and of course those where the days when Belize was blocking. I believe it did need to be reconfigured a little when they stopped that nonsense.

#493287 - 07/12/14 01:15 PM Re: Telephone service- [Re: RLF]
RLF Offline
thanks guys I will look into your suggestions

#493288 - 07/12/14 01:29 PM Re: Telephone service- [Re: cm815]
JaHo Offline
Will your Magic Jack system assign you a US number for call backs, etc? Does it have to be registered in the US? I use free MJ calling on my iPad, but now I need a dedicated US number and can't figure it out.
Thanx.

#493289 - 07/12/14 01:41 PM Re: Telephone service- [Re: JaHo]
ragman Offline
My ooma is registered and has an assigned number. When I call anyone in the states their caller ID shows a 508 area code and as far as they know I'm in the States. Anyone can call my assigned number just like they where calling any other land line in the States.

If you only make occasional calls to the States use a local cell and dial 10-10-199-1 ....... I use this if the internet is down for outgoing calls and it is quite inexpensive even for 15-20 minute calls.

#493290 - 07/12/14 01:46 PM Re: Telephone service- [Re: RLF]
cm815 Offline
Our Magic Jack has a US number. When some one leaves you a voice message we get a e-mail with the message attached. Yes we see the number calling and the people you are calling see your number..We just re-uped ours for $69.99 for 5 years...You also have a contact list...

#493291 - 07/12/14 01:47 PM Re: Telephone service- [Re: RLF]
cm815 Offline
There is an app for magic jack on I-phones and Ipads...and you have an assigned number

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (wiley, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.