Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#49325 05/16/02 09:11 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Hi, Going to be in AC for the first time this summer. First impressions tend to last so would like them to be good. Reading the board is reassuring. Thanks in advance. One thing that is hard to forget is the food. Where would you eat dinner on Fri. Sat. and Sun. in order to get the best variety of good memories?

#49326 05/16/02 11:37 AM
B
B
Caliente's is not-to-be-missed for their conch fritters and coconut chicken. Definitely BC's on Sunday for their barbecue. If you like jerk, Jambel's is a good bet and the Lion's Club BBQ on Fridays and Saturdays is the best value in town. Shark's Bar pizza or burgers when you're craving American. And if you're staying on the south end and don't want to venture out after a long day of fun, call Dennis the Bun Man and he will deliver you a delicious reasonably-priced pizzed via golf cart! When you're out and about, ask for "lime juice", a delicious limeade concoction available just about everywhere. Just MHO...
Can you tell we truly enjoyed our "food tour"???

#49327 05/16/02 12:11 PM
G
G
You don't say if you're a couple or family, or where you're staying--but if you want a memorable, romantic, great food experience--go to Capricorn's (you have to call and make reservations), take a water taxi there (return trip is under the stars), Annabelle and Clarence are wonderful hosts and the food (while a little pricier that rest of SP) is fabulous!

#49328 05/16/02 01:02 PM
I intend to post my trip report soon but here were some of our dinner experiences last week: Jambels-good food, spicy!...Caliente- absolutely fabulous! (if we had gone earlier in the week, we would have eaten there every day)...Celi's-good (had the parmesan fish)but the serving was quite small compared to the other places we ate at and the key lime pie didn't have much flavor. However, don't miss the rum cake at Celi's Deli--yum!

#49329 05/16/02 01:24 PM
Bankerwoman, question did your hubby get sick after eating a burger? I ask because my group of 5 only 1 had one burger, he was deathly ill for 30hrs after. Thanks

Dare To Deviate
#49330 05/16/02 01:33 PM
B
B
Yes, he did, but actually he became ill after one of the other meals I mentioned. The burger had been two days before. I had a burger that night, too, and tasted virtually everything he ordered at other places (and he tried mine as well when we had different items). He got sick. I did not. Maybe just the difference between our internal workings or maybe the fact that he had more of something that I had a little of. Don't know but I've seen it happen in Canada, the Bahamas and Mexico, too, so it definitely is not unique to AC. He made a full and quick recovery (thanks to Noroxin!).

#49331 05/16/02 02:38 PM
F
F
What is noroxin?? One traveler told me to take pepto bismol tablets and take one before each meal. Seems a bit much to me. What does the board think about the possibilities of getting sick?

#49332 05/16/02 02:46 PM
Here's a subject I can sink my teeth into!! First in my heart is Caliente's! I eat there almost daily and find the food, service, all excellent. It is hard to describe ALL my favorites there, everything is just great! All the meals are individually prepared so enjoy a refreshment and a conversation, or better yet, try the Conch Fritters! On Wednesdays, its Burrito Day at Mickey's Place, for lunch. Wonderful!! Another wonderful place to dine is Papi's Place. Its located towards the Ferry. Nothing "fancy", just well prepared local dishes, reasonably priced. Lunch at the Tropical across the street from Tropic Air is also a very good place to have breakfast or lunch. It feeds most all the employees at Tropic Air and features a daily special for lunch. Another good local place, a favorite of Marty Casada, is a local place in St Telmo. Its across the street from Riverwalk Nursury. Burrito's there are mayonaise from heaven. Another wonderful little place which is really not ready for "prime time" is Dianitas Take Out. Limited seating, but Ana prepares her meals at her home, real Belizian home cooking, and she prepares the food with love and serves it with a smile. Dianitas is next to Coconet Cafe.

Gone fishing!!
#49333 05/16/02 04:01 PM
K
K
I agree with all the recommendations above, but I'm absolutely amazed that no one ever mentions HL Burger! You know, "The Burger King of Belize"? What's the point of going if you're going to leave that place off your AC dining itinerary?! Sheesh.

#49334 05/17/02 05:32 PM
I have never had a meal at "Burger King" and until now, I've never met anyone who has eaten there. My main problem is Hamburgers in Belize is not the meat, but the bun. The hamburger buns here are so large that you can't taste anything but the bun.

Gone fishing!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.