OP Offline
C
Expelled Dive Centers and Resorts by PADI
Name Member No. City Country Date
Amigos Del Mar S-11759 San Pedro Belize 17-Jul-2014

https://www.padi.com/scuba-diving/a...umer-alerts/expelled-dive-center-resort/

S
S
My suggestion would be to go and ask them rather than listen to all the rumours going around.

M
M
Removed at the request of the person receiving this letter

Last edited by Marty; 07/22/14 12:34 PM. Reason: Removed at the request of the person receiving this letter
Who is Ashley Snow? Why is Mike Campbell the one posting the letter?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I have sent the following email to Padi and will pass along their response when received.
This is a black eye for Belize - on the surface, but there are always two sides to every story and getting all the facts should be a priority.
To: [email protected]
I see you have conducted an investigation and decertified Amigos Del Mar dive operation in Belize. How can I obtain the details of that investigation? Thank you, Byron Warren Padi Divemaster 84109394

C
cm815 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Does anyone else fill dive tanks on the island?
Who are the other dive shops getting their tanks filled?

Padi's response. Seems unfair to me.
Hello, Byron,

Thank you for your message about Amigos Del Mar's expulsion from PADI. Please understand that our quality management process is strictly confidential and we are not able to share the details. So you might better understand PADI's Quality Management procedures, I have attached a copy for your reference. Please let me know if you have other questions or any time we might assist you.

Sincerely,
Mary Kaye Hester

Mary Kaye Hester | Quality Management Coordinator | PADI Americas | 30151 Tomas Street | Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688-2125
Office: (949) 858-7234 x4009, (800) 729-7234 x4009 | Fax: (949) 267-1255 | [email protected] | www.PADI.com

S
S
It's pretty ludicrous that PADI would expel ADM and one of their instructors because of the supposed actions of a person who is not an employee of ADM dive shop and who has not been convicted in a court of law. That would be like me firing one of my employees because someone said they saw the employee's brother beat someone up in view of my business.

T
T
From Padi's site :

Note that expulsion is a last resort. The PADI Quality Management Program follows an extensive process that includes fact checking, getting all perspectives about the issue including the member's and, when necessary, offering corrective retraining and cooperative compliance. Expulsion results when the PADI Member refuses to implement corrective measures, or when the nature of the complaint is so severe that expulsion is necessary to protect the public or to preserve the reputation of the PADI organization.

Personally I would take this as a safety issue and safety should be priority number one. The question should be did Padi give warnings and Amigo's fail to correct the issues ?

S
S
I can assure you that it has nothing to do with a safety issue it has to do with the incident noted above by Mr. Campbell and nothing more.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.