Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#494053 - 07/31/14 11:31 AM 24 hour polyclinic coming?
Marty Offline
At a press conference held today in Belize City, Prime Minister Dean Barrow has promised that the process has started to establish a twenty four polyclinic in San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye.

#494063 - 07/31/14 03:16 PM Re: 24 hour polyclinic coming? [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

PM Commits To 24 Hour Poly Clinic In San Pedro Town

The Prime Minister announced some new works in regards to road works and other infrastructural projects to be undertaken across the country. Among the announcements is work to be done on San Pedro Ambergris Caye. The PM also said that government is taking into consideration the need for a 24 hour clinic on the island.

Honorable Dean Barrow –Prime Minister of Belize

“Remember that I had indicated that we wanted to do some rehabilitation of the road going to North Ambergris as soon as you jump the bridge coming out of San Pedro Town we will resurface that road as it is I am not even sure if it qualifies for the appellation road it is more a dirt track but we are going to fix that up nicely and it is going to be from the bridge to about where Coco Beach Hotel, I think it’s a little over three miles of road so that is good news for San Pedro and I know they also complain and this is a different type of infrastructure but the need for a 24 hour Poly clinic and we are working on that with the ministry of health so I can promise the people that is going as well going to happen.”

The Prime Minister said that the government will take into consideration the need for the 24 hour medical center and appropriate medical personnel.

CTV3

#494141 - 08/01/14 09:53 PM Re: 24 hour polyclinic coming? [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Ambergris Hopes Medical Clinic to turn into 24 hours private medical center in November
Work has commenced for a much needed 24-hour private medical facility on Ambergris Caye. The confirmation came from one of the project partners Doctor Daniel Gonzalez of Ambergris Hopes Clinic. The project will be done in two phases, and the first is already in progress. The new medical facility is expected to address islanders’ long-standing demand for a 24-hour medical facility to service over 28,000 permanent and temporary residents, as well as its tourists. “I have been doing 24-hour medical service for the past 20 plus years. But really, this was a project I have always wanted to do in my medical career. With the growing population and the high influx of tourists, I have seen the need on the island for such an essential service. In that regard I have teamed up with other partners for this project,” said Gonzalez.

#494746 - 08/18/14 08:35 PM Re: 24 hour polyclinic coming? [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Minister of Health presents budget for 24-hr Polyclinic services

The Government of Belize has approved the extension of services at The Dr. Otto Rodriguez San Pedro Polyclinic II. On Thursday August 14th a host of health care authorities gathered at the clinic to discuss the recently approved government budget for the islands’ 24-hour medical facility. A time frame of two months has been declared for the services to kick-in.

In Thursday’s meeting, it was discussed that the $693,293.99 budget will see a total of $23,801.99 going towards infrastructure, $196,691.00 for equipment, $458,515.00 for human resources, and $14,286 on training. Minister of Health Pablo Marin stated that, ” the clinic will see an additional 30 staff members, all of which along with the current staff will undergo proper training. The 24-hour services are set to be ready in two months.”

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.