Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#49410 - 05/17/02 08:21 PM Good Steaks?
Umpara Offline
thanks guys for the heads up. sounds like we'll be doin' some snorkeling and cave tubing too!!! right now i'm trying to talk my friend peg and her husband into coming down with us. they'd be flying from boston though, a much different hike than from florida. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO ON VACATION! another question. my husband is a picky eater and his favorite foods are steak & potato (me, i like it all, and it shows!) from what i've seen on the menus on ac, seafood is the natural choice. will kenny get his steak fix on ac? thanks again!!!

#49411 - 05/17/02 09:22 PM Re: Good Steaks?
lmarquis Offline
Yes, go to the Hideaway for dinner. It is hotel and restaurant. They have all kinds of steak specials, etc. The chef made me a special which was absolutely delicious.

#49412 - 05/17/02 09:51 PM Re: Good Steaks?
susangg Offline
For your red meat fix, check out the ladies with food stands on Barrier Reef Drive. A couple of them make fantastic burritos from those thin steaks, its not ground beef, yummy yummy. Cheap too and the street vendor food is safe unlike some other countries.
You can also get steaks smothered in onions at Ambergris Delight and the Reef, both on Middle Street in the middle of town, and both very reasonably priced.
Beef in Belize is actually very good. The cows graze and the beef is much leaner than US beef and not shot full of antiobiotics. It's much healthier than eating meat in the US.

#49413 - 05/17/02 10:18 PM Re: Good Steaks?
Marty Offline
I've had some killer steaks at capricorn also

#49414 - 05/17/02 11:21 PM Re: Good Steaks?
Laguna Punta Offline
I would hope that the steak was killed, Marty. Being from St Louis, I alway crave a good steak. The steak at Jerry's Crab Shack is actually very good. I had the bacon wrapped Filet. I must say that the service was indifferent and the portions were extremely small, especially the veggies. Steaks are expensive here and not as flavorful as good US beef. Actually, the leaness of the steaks here is the problem. Fat is where the flavor is. If it weren't so, Round Steaks would be expensive and popular.

#49415 - 05/18/02 05:17 AM Re: Good Steaks?
rickcheri Offline
Have to say one of the best Steaks that we've have had was at Papi's. This last trip, it was so wonderful and tender.. Also at Jade Garden, they are great, too. But try Papi's first!!! I am a meat and potatoe guy.... Thanks Rick

#49416 - 05/20/02 11:52 PM Re: Good Steaks?
Laguna Punta Offline
Carnavorous? No the Chinese Circus is leaving today.

#49417 - 05/21/02 12:44 AM Re: Good Steaks?
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I've had good steaks at Jade Garden, and I'm told Mambo at Mata Chica has some excellent steak, beef imported from Honduras, though I haven't tried the steak there myself.

The Running W restaurant at San Ignacio Hotel has pretty good steaks, Robert's Grove in Placencia has good imported beef, and there's a new steak house at the Tourist Village in Belize City.

None of these places will give Ruth's Chris, Morton's or Spark's a run for their money, though. As noted, most beef from Belize (and from elsewhere in Central America) is grass-fed and without much marbling. It's better for you than corn-fed, aged U.S. Prime, but it sure doesn't taste as good.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First www.belizefirst.com

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,055 Topics
462,292 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.