Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#495166 08/29/14 02:19 PM
OP Offline
has anyone entered belize from guatamala with a dog ? ? I am going to be staying in san Ignacio. the airfare to guatamala is way way cheaper than flying into belize airport . I am coming from fla . I have a 7lb maltese dog with me . is it too much of a hassel ? am I better off just paying the much higher airfare & entering belize airport ? thanks for any imput wisdom anyone has !

R
R
My thoughts: If you are entering by air to BZE there should be no difference as compared to a flight from the USA. If however you are entering by another means you have to be sure there is a BAHA inspector available at the entry point.

I have never entered Belize with my pet except by air at BZE. If I was going to do something other than that I would call BAHA and ask there advice. You would have to explain exactly where you plan to enter and you would have to have proof of a valid rabies vaccination (done more than 30 days prior to entry) and a health certificate which was completed within 10 days of entry.

Another matter entirely would be entering Guatemala with a pet. Their requirements I haven't a clue.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
R
R
ps: there are requirement other than the two that I posted so you should be aware of all the requirements to enter. For one you will need an import permit or a Belize pet passport. Please speak with BAHA by email or give them a call.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.