Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#495689 - 09/14/14 11:12 AM Early morning murder
Marty Online   happy
12:27AM Sunday Sept 14 - San Pedro police have confirmed that one male individual is dead after a fight in the San Pedrito area. Details to follow as info becomes available.

#495692 - 09/14/14 01:18 PM Re: Early morning murder [Re: Marty]
Diane Campbell Offline
Doesn't anybody connect the dots here???? Late at night, very likely under the influence and probably between people with a longstanding issue.

We have a cultural problem that turns into crime and death ....... intoxication as a form of entertainment, stealing as a profession, people demanding "respect" without taking time to earn it.
The results - an unending trail of graves, connected one by one by events that could have been avoided or resolved.

People - teach children to grow up, sober up, forgive insults and get a job. And if you can't do that, don't breed. Please.

#495697 - 09/14/14 04:26 PM Re: Early morning murder [Re: Marty]
Yesilivehere Offline
Well said Diane

#495699 - 09/14/14 06:03 PM Re: Early morning murder [Re: Diane Campbell]
bywarren Offline
Teaching future generations is admirable - good luck.
Let us hope the theme of BTB's next advertising campaign doesn't have to be "Give us time to work on the next generation so then it will be safe to come to Belize".

#495700 - 09/14/14 07:14 PM Re: Early morning murder [Re: Marty]
Chris Offline
" And if you can't do that, don't breed. Please." Sound advice, Diane. If followed we will have zero young criminals on the island in 15-20 years time.

#495701 - 09/14/14 07:27 PM Re: Early morning murder [Re: Marty]
Diane Campbell Offline
Time to turn this around.

#495704 - 09/14/14 08:24 PM Re: Early morning murder [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

San Pedro police have detained one male for questioning for the murder of Moses Coc. Initial police information confirms that around 11PM on Saturday night, September 13th Coc and a male friend were walking on Swan Street in the San Pedrito area of San Pedro, and were heading towards Angel Coral Street. A lone dark-skinned male ambushed them, and beat Coc with a piece of wood, inflicting a fatal blow to the head. San Pedro Quick Response Team (QRT) responded to a distress call on Angel Coral Street and Coc, a 31 year-old salesman who lived in the Boca del Rio area, was transported to the Dr. Otto Rodriguez San Pedro PolyClinic II where he was pronounced dead on arrival. His body was later transported to Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital in Belize City for a post mortem exam.

Police have detained a dark skinned male as part of their investigation.

San Pedro Sun

#495735 - 09/16/14 10:43 AM Re: Early morning murder [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

Moses Coc

Moses Coc murdered during street attack

26-year-old Jermaine Moody from San Pedrito area is in custody pending investigations in the murder of 31-year-old Moses Coc. Coc received a fatal blow to the back of his head while walking on Angel Coral Street on Saturday, September 13th at around 10PM. According to an initial report, the San Pedro Quick Response Team (QRT) responded to a distress call and visited the Dr. Otto Rodriguez San Pedro Polyclinic II where they saw Coc bleeding profusely from the back of his head. Coc succumbed to his injury and was officially pronounced dead at 11:10PM.

Further investigation revealed that Coc was out socializing with friends earlier in the night. At around 10PM, Coc and one male friend were walking in the direction of Swan Street towards Angel Coral Street. According to the male friend, a man of dark complexion ambushed Coc, hitting him on the back of the head with a piece of wood that resulted in the deadly injury. The attacker escaped, but was later caught by police.

Coc’s family members do not understand the reason for the attack, and believe it might have been a case of mistaken identity. “My brother was a good man. He liked to go out and socialize with friends, but he was not known for giving trouble. We do not understand why someone would do this to him,” said Eucebio Coc, brother to the deceased. Coc is originally from Big Falls, Toledo District but had been living in San Pedro for the past six years. Coc’s other brother, Juan Coc told The San Pedro Sun that his brother had no police record. “We used to share an apartment together so I knew him. He never came home too late. We don’t care what the reason he was killed for, but we want justice and expect the police to execute it,” said Juan.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

Death Of A Salesman...In San Pedro

In San Pedro, 31 year old Moses Coc, a resident of Big Falls village in Toledo was struck repeatedly across the head and died. It happened at around 11:00 on Saturday night, when Coc and a friend were walking on Swan Street in San Pedro - and a man struck him from behind with a piece of wood.

His brother told us today that he suspects Moses was being robbed:..

Juan Coc, Eldest brother of deceased
"From what I understand that he was socializing with one of his co-worker friend the night before. Apparently the friend got attacked and apparently that what caused this whole problem I think. I don't know, but that's what it sound like to me. It looks like it's a robbery because he was attacked from behind. I couldn't tell anything that midnight from when I first saw him, but when I got here yesterday which was Sunday, drop him off at the morgue, we flip him before we put him in the morgue and there was a big hole behind his head. He was hit at the back of his head with a large object, probably a piece of wood or maybe a big piece of metal with spikes to it because he was bleeding at the back of his head. It's not easy, it's a wreck and it will probably face more later when his body gets home tonight because the parents haven't seen him yet except for a couple of brothers. It's a large sibling family."

Jules Vasquez
"How important is that as a part of the closure for the family?"

Juan Coc, Eldest brother of deceased
"It's a cultural thing, they just need their son back. They can't do much about that. Its funding and a lot of people don't have these kinds of money to afford an attorney - that my point about the funding. If I do have it I would look into an attorney and go further myself, but that's my opinion. As far as the parents they just want their son back and that's what I am trying to do right now. We need some funds to transport him back home which is in Big Falls, Toledo, so if anybody can donate fifty cents, one dollar or whatever you can afford and if you are interested you can call me at 665-5853."

Moses Coc worked as a salesman for Bowen and Bowen. He didn't have children. He had 10 siblings and will be taken to Big Falls for burial. San Pedro police have detained a 26 year old construction worker of the San Pedrito Area from whom they have taken a caution statement. We'll tell you tomorrow if he is charged for murder.

Channel 7

#495742 - 09/16/14 11:21 AM Re: Early morning murder [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

Man Seeks Help To Take Brother Home Following His Murder on Ambergris Caye

Meanwhile investigators on Ambergris Caye are interrogating persons on the island following the Saturday night murder of 31-year-old, Moses Coc. Reports are that just around eleven o’clock on Saturday night officers on the island were summoned to the polyclinic where they saw Coc’s body bearing head injuries that led to his death. The Hispanic salesman for Bowen and Bowen Company Limited, of a Sea Grape Drive address was reportedly walking on Swan Street with a friend around ten o’clock on Saturday night when he was attacked by another man and hit in the head with a piece of wood. Coc was taken to the polyclinic but he died just after eleven o’clock that night. He had been living on the island for an estimated six years, where he shared an apartment with two of his brothers; we spoke with one of the brothers, Juan Coc, who told us that it is a tragedy for his family.

JUAN COC

“I would like to see some justice not just knowing what happened but a little further into that event. I think they socialize at the end of the day after work all the coworkers. I think he was socializing and this may have happened around 9pm or so. I am not a doctor but just my point of view, looking at the body and inspecting it myself it looks like a robbery because he was attacked from behind. I couldn’t tell anything from midnight when I saw him but when I got here yesterday which was Sunday, dropped him off at the morgue, we flipped him before we put him in the morgue itself there was a big hole behind his head. I educated myself that he was definitely hit in the head with a large object probably a piece of wood or maybe a big piece of metal with some spikes on it that caused the hole in this head because he was bleeding to the back of the neck. It’s not easy; it’s a wreck and I will probably face more later when his body gets home tonight because the parents have not seen it yet except for a couple brothers. It’s a large family, six boys including him and about another five or six girls within the family.”

While we can tell you that investigators on the island have detained a 26-year-old construction worker, who police believe will be charged for murder between today and tomorrow based on evidence gathered, Juan is still at a lost as to what really transpired.

JUAN COC

“It is all rumors right now so I will give you the rumor anyway; what I understand is that he was socializing with one of his coworker friends the night before; apparently the friend got attacked and I think they were attacking him again that night so I think is probably what caused this whole problem. I don’t know, that is what it sounds like to me. So it’s a robbery, they got robbed and then he got involved in it. Apparently the fellow that got robbed the night before now he is safe and sound and now he ended up in the big tragedy. I just want to share something with anybody out there. It doesn’t have to be millions of dollars but we need some funds to transport this dude back home in Big Falls, Toledo so if anyone can donate whatever you can afford and if you are interested you can call me at 665-5853.”

A post mortem examination was conducted this afternoon at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital morgue. The family is currently trying to get Coc’s body to Punta Gorda for funeral service and burial and is reaching out for assistance either via cash or fuel in order to transport the body to Big Falls, Toledo District, where Coc was born and raised. If you can assist, you can contact Juan Coc at 665-5853.

PlusTV

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, 2 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,019 Topics
462,201 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.