Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Did ACCSD have an election? I'm a charter member and heard nothing of this. Did any of the rest of you who were so active way back when we were being begged to get involved and get all our friends to join get any kind of notice?
I really like both Billy and Elito and count on them to stand up for what is right. What has happened?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Doesn't seem like Billy is standing up for what is right.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I was informed that since Elito is running for political office he thought it best to resign as co-chair of ACCSD. I would agree with this.

I was told he appointed Billy in his place. Again, I think Billy is the logical candidate and surely would have been elected had it been put to a vote.

Again I have to wonder who the 150 people are who were allowed to 'buy' land and pay $500 each for the surveys. Were each of these people allowed to buy more than one lot? Did they pay $500 per person or $500 per lot.

Also, we are asked to believe they did not know they were submerged? Really?

Tracker - can you fill us in please?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
P
Lets not blame the people. If someone says "Here. You need land for your family pay the survey fee and here is a lot on a map" nobody is ever saying no.

We will have a massive problem going forward without the right planning and thought. Already families are forced to build additional homes on their family lots for their kids and grand-kids as land is too expensive for locals. Saturation of lots is already there in town with multiple homes and nothing for the next generation. It's not as easy as on the Mainland where a Town can naturally/organically expand and grow and the infrastructure added on to the existing. We have a lot of natural boundaries with water and low land issues each way you look and the only public land left for this sort of expansion needs a lot of expenditure for development or is a long long way out of Town and will often be either Prime Park land/wildlife/conservation areas.

Really, really need a Master Plan to be enacted with low cost land for qualified locals that has infrastructure in place. For everyone's benefit.

The $550 people paid was for the survey fee, if they would eventually be given a lot it would be under lease from the Government with conditions and an option to buy after a few years.
As far as I can find out, the area was already a sub division a few years ago, but there was some controversy over the people that were given lots, so the issuing of land lease was stopped. I do not know why areas under water were surveyed, those areas will be removed from the sub division. that's all I know.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
Tracker you seem to be back tracking

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Video: San Mateo

:Believer's World Outreach Belize Mission

J
J
Beautiful!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 317 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.