Regular readers will know that I’ve been harping on about the paucity of rain for some time. We’ve got a large (well I consider a 45,000 gallon capacity fairly large) rainwater collection tank under the house but it doesn’t stop me from wanting to see the overflow pipes in action.

There’s been some rain during this “the rainy season” but the downpours haven’t lasted long. Sometimes as quickly as I got excited (and where rain is concerned I can throw off my normally reserved and reticent demeanour and become highly excitable) my mood turned to one of deflation as the rain dwindled to a gentle pitter, patter just as quickly as the downpour appeared.

This changed during the course of Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning (I really don’t know when it started) when the heavens opened up and the rain came down in a torrent. It was bucketing down when I ‘hit’ the veranda (yes, it was the western ((lagoon) facing one)) with my mug of black coffee (absent sugar) and the iPad. Oh, and Ziggy too – he now, more often than not, joins me for some early morning “me (and “him”) time”.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more photos in the "Building a New Life" Blog