Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#496134 - 09/27/14 11:19 AM Belikin Calendar 2015 is coming!
Marty Offline

It’s that time again! The hotly anticipated Belikin Calendar for 2015 will soon be released, and Belikin has put out a fun video chronicling the making of the sports-themed visual feast.

With gorgeous ladies, stunning settings and expert sports photographer David Bergman, plus fabulous crew – there is no doubt the 2015 calendar will be a winner.

Bergman is (band) Bon Jovi’s official photographer, and boasts clients like Sports Illustrated. As such, he focused on motion photography, capturing movement and energy as the Belizean girls portrayed such sports as basketball, boxing, paddleboarding and jet skiing. One particular beauty impressed everyone with her football skills – and in a bikini no less!

Check out the making of the calendar video (by Island Films) here:

Behind the scenes of the 2015 Belikin Calendar. Take a quick look at what it takes to put together the most anticipated calendar of Belize.

The release party for the 2015 Calendar will take place on Friday, October 24th at 7PM at King’s Room at the Ramada Belize City Princess. For a fee of $10, attendees get their very own copy, and can even get them signed by the lovely ladies featured within! Don’t miss out!

San Pedro Sun

#496609 - 10/09/14 10:48 AM Re: Belikin Calendar 2015 is coming! [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Belikin Calendar 2015 is about Fitness & Sports

If you have been following social media, you would know that the launch of the Belikin Calendar takes place on October twenty-fourth, at a reception to be held at the King’s Room at the Ramada Belize City Princess. The launch, itself, will feature entertainment by DJ Linda Blease and DJ Dalla and eleven of the twelve females who made the cut on the 2015 calendar will be available for photo opportunities and autographs. Now, the 2014 calendar is still talked about for the beauty of the young women featured. In fact, you will still find it pinned on many walls. The folk at Bowen and Bowen did not give us a peak at who’s who on the new edition so they spoke to us about the theme. Digital Media Coordinator of Bowen and Bowen Limited, Juan Carlos Cuellar, revealed that it is about fitness and sports.

Juan Carlos Cuellar, Digital Media Coordinator, Bowen & Bowen

“The calendar of course, this year we went with a bit of a sports theme so we really have the girls having fun in the pictures that we depicted. And if you take a look at the behind the scenes that we’ve posted on the Facebook page, it can really see all the fun that went into it to come up with a product that we are very proud of.”

Duane Moody

“I know that theme this year; you went more with a sports idea. How do you guys make sure that you top what you did last year because last year was like a completely different leaf that you turned over?”

Juan Carlos Cuellar

Juan Carlos Cuellar

“Right, every year we are trying to see how we can better ourselves and I think this year when going with the sports theme, it had to do a lot with, the influence because of the photographer we had…he is a sports photographer. So we tried to see how we can get some of these action shots involved and have these women aside from what we did last year—which was doing a beautiful pose—see if we can get them in some sport activity and capture that moment and add some sexy side to what sports are in Belize. We have so many fans of the calendar so far and you are right, it has been going for so many years now and it is something that we look forward to and a project that we look forward to. Especially as well, the models that are involved, everyone that’s involved….it is about a nine month project that goes on and we are all very excited to be a part of it and to present another aspect of what it is that we do.”

Tickets for the launch are available at Cellular World. The purchase of the ticket entitles you to a calendar on the day of the launch. 

Channel 5

#497266 - 10/25/14 11:37 AM Re: Belikin Calendar 2015 is coming! [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Click photos for more pictures!

Caye Caulker representing this year!! January, October and November. Way to go girls.

#497332 - 10/28/14 10:10 AM Re: Belikin Calendar 2015 is coming! [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Beers and Babes, the Belikin Formula

Let's face it: no one ever went broke selling beer hawked by scantily clad women. And by now, Belikin has it down to a "T." But more than just a gimmick - as the beer of Belize faces a tougher lineup of imported brews than ever before - the calendar has become a key marketing tool in emphasizing Belikin's Belizean-ness.

The calendar been around now for 14 years, but, arguably, the most successful edition was last year's, when the production team launched the behind-the-scenes videos.

Riding last year's wave, they were under pressure to reproduce or out-do that success. So how did they do? Well, we found out at the 2015 launch on Friday night:

Daniel Ortiz reporting
Once again, the seemingly unending line of fans fanned out to the far edges of the room, each person with their calendars eager to get them signed.

A simple formula, really: bare bodies of bikini clad women, and beer - it's something Belikin has perfected over the calendar's 14-year run. And on launch night, the fans got their brief chance to interact up close with the 12 women chosen to be the 2015 models.

From there, these ladies will end up adorning walls - their fame metered out in monthly portions,

To keep it fresh, this year's calendar was built around a sports theme, with a big-name photographer.

Juan Carlos Cuellar - Digital Media Coordinator, B&B
"David Bergman is a sports photographer, he shoots for Sports Illustrated and he's gotten many of the covers for the football and what we wanted to was to incorporate his skill into the calendar, so for example if you are looking at the jet ski shot, we had the girl go out on jet ski and we were in a chase boat and we were full speed alongside and he was able to get the shots quite sharp and beautiful. We also did it for basketball, we had Tiffany on a trampoline just to get to kind of get rid of that amount of air that she looks like she is way up there. We did it for football as well; Norielli for November, she is playing the football and the shot actually got her flinging the football in the air - it really looks nice. Bergman was quite the perfect fit to our sports action theme for this year's calendar."

Victoria Canul - Miss January 2015
"I did boxing and that was very interesting because I've never done it before and I even got to hit the photographer."

Audralee Enriquez - Miss August 2015
"I played pool which was actually the first time that I played this sport, but I was confident about it and I win it and eventually I got it together, so it was okay."

Martha George - Miss May 2015
"When it comes trying to smile and you are shy, they always do something to make you laugh even if you don't want to, and so it was really good."

Norielli Sandoval - Miss November 2015
"It was awesome. It was everything I expected. I had fun. The crew was amazing and it was like the best experience ever."

But as just as the calendar continues to dominate local machismo culture, so too does it attracts criticism from conservatives who think that it exemplifies the mainstreaming of public hyper-sexualization. No matter how artful the company makes the calendar, the belief is that bare bodies shouldn't be so prominently featured and publicized, because of the overt commercialization of sex.

The directors and models strongly disagree.

"Really, there is anyone who takes issue with an independent, intelligent and beautiful woman expressing herself in the medium that we have then clearly the issue is with them and not with the Belikin Calendar and the girls are proud of what it is they do, their friends and family supports them and we are happy that they are a part of the Belikin brand."

"Everyone is entitle to their own opinion, but my opinion is whether you are a size 2, 12 or a 22, you are supposed to be very confident in the skin that you are in because no one can do you better than you."

"Because we are in a bikini, it doesn't mean we are sexualize. I just think it's like a swimsuit, it's just something that you are going to use for something exciting and you are going to swim and stuff like that - using swimsuit doesn't mean you are exposing your body."

Victoria Canul - Miss January 2015
"I am me and I do what I want. I accept negative comments, but that doesn't bother me. I am stronger than that and I know what I am doing and I know where I am going, I know where my head is."

"I come from an island which is Caye Caulker, so I am always in swimsuit. I am a mom, my baby is one and I didn't feel exposed, I felt comfortable."

But if there is one thing that holds true, it is that beers and beautiful women will never be an unpopular or money-losing proposition.

"Representing Belikin is representing all things Belizean, so I was simply elated."

"A lot is on the line; my reputation is on the line, their reputation is on the line and that of Belikin Beer is on the line and we wouldn't do anything to tarnish that, so we only put out the best in the most professional manner."

"I had so much fun. They had you do so many things. It's exciting and things that I've never done like on the ATV, I've never drove that before in my life, but it was really fun."

"If you feel like you could do it, just go for it because it's really nice."

The photographer for the 2015 edition was David Bergman, who has worked with Sports Illustrated and is also the official photographer of the Rock Band, Bon Jovi.

Channel 7

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 94 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.