Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

For the last thirty days (Tuesdays excepted) I've been like a boat without a rudder. Fred Astaire without Ginger Rogers. Laurel without Hardy. Napoleon without Jos�phine. Morecambe without Wise (for non UK readers they were a famous double comedy act ). Debbie without Dallas. Think I've started to lose the thread but I think you get the idea of the condition I found myself in.

What could cause such a state of mind you're thinking. Did the rainwater collection tank under the house run dry? Did Rose see sense and leave me? No, nothing as trivial as that! Estel's Dine By the Sea has been shut so that the owners and staff could all take a well earned break (now that little comment has got to be worth a couple of extra rashers of bacon).

This morning though I got my equilibrium back. Estel's reopened and in honour of this momentous occasion I needed something special to wear. No not a tuxedo but something far more classy and fitting, my honorary Estel's 'T' shirt. The decision made itself!

I was tempted, sorely tempted to be there when the doors opened at 06.00 hours but I showed amazing levels of self control and didn't set off from home until 06.30 hours. Impressed? Of course you are.

But something was different. What was it? And then it "hit" me. They'd freshened up the murals above the northern and southern beachfront entrances.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the "Building a New Life" Blog

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

"The Boys Are Back in Town" (Part two) in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize.

I was so overcome with excitement yesterday with the re-opening of Estel's Dine By the Sea that I failed to notice all of the changes that have been made during the one month closure. Funny what happens when you get excited, isn't it!

I just sensed that there were things that were different that I just didn't pick up on so I just had to go back there today. Feeble excuse? Maybe. Or maybe I'm not as stupid as I look!

I was right though. They've changed the seating arrangements -both inside and out- and it's a tremendous improvement in my opinion. The wooden tables that were on the patio area have been moved inside

We (Rose actually - yes it's true- came for breakfast with me. Well, she didn't have breakfast but did have a coffee) hadn't been sitting there long when Charles came to our table.

"What size are you?" he exclaimed.

"Small, but perfectly formed" I replied. " Why?"

" You need one of our new design "T" shirts" he told me.

And he was right, I did. And they're great.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the "Building a New Life" Blog

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.