Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

A security officer was stabbed twice during a broad daylight robbery in downtown San Pedro. The security guard has been identified as Robert Assi, a resident of the DFC area of San Pedro Town. The victim was apparently attacked by two men as he was heading to make a deposit at the bank. The robbery occurred at the corner of Barrier Reef Drive and Caribe�a Street sometime around 1:20PM on Tuesday October 7th.

According to Assi's employer Milo Paz of Milo's Center, after the security guard was attacked and stabbed by the two men, the assailants made off with a deposit bag that was in his possession, containing $130,391. The culprits then ran towards the beach and continued southwards. The injured security guard ran behind his assailant yelling for help. Paz indicated that a group of citizens ran behind and one of the culprits was contained by a concerned resident. The San Pedro Sun understands that during the process, the deposit bag fell and a crowd in the area of Central Park began pulling at the bag, eventually bursting it. Those in the area scattered to help themselves to the lose money, allowing the original culprits to get away. "We are hoping that the people will return the money," said Paz.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Big heist in San Pedro

According to the San Pedro Sun a security guard was attacked and robbed of $130,891 at the corner of Barrier Reef Drive and Caribe�a Street sometime around 1:20PM on Tuesday October 7th.

The Sun reports that 2 men attacked Roberto Assi, who works for a collection agent. The two men then robbed him of a deposit bag containing $130,891. Police are looking for the two men whose identity are known to them. One of the suspects have been caught.

Security Guard Stabbed while Robbers Lose $130K in Failed Robbery Attempt

Mr. Milo Paz of Milo's Center is now appealing to the street vendors and people who took the liberty of helping themselves to the money, to come forward and return the stolen cash.

"It is not their money and keeping it is still stealing," commented Milo Paz.

Security guard Roberto Assi was rushed to the San Pedro Poly Clinic for treatment to his stab wounds to his upper chest and shoulder. He was in a critical but stable condition after the incident as is now recovering. It is expected that charges will be brought against the two robbers following a police investigation.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

First : what was he doing with that much cash??
Second: The obvious < the assailants most likely knew he had the cash.
So I would look for people who knew him.

OK I just noticed that it was One Hundred Thirty Dollars >>not>> $130,000.00

Last edited by Bean Hunter; 10/08/14 06:31 AM.
Originally Posted by Bean Hunter

OK I just noticed that it was One Hundred Thirty Dollars >>not>> $130,000.00

No, it WAS $130,000 Dollars.

You talking US dollars or Mexican peso's ?
If US dollars ? I still ask What was he doing with that kind of money and who was his friends that knew he had it??

P
P
Why would it be anything but the currency of Belize? Try and show some sensitivity - a man has been critically injured doing his job.

They are the main collection agency for several large Belizean companies, largest of all at a guess being BEL where almost everyone pays their Electric Bill around now.

Totally agree with you Phil, people should read the full report before making any comments.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
I have a question, if I had paid my electric bill there, will BEL come after me for the payment or will they go after the company I paid it to?

I am not trying to be nonsensitive Just trying to understand what was going on for him to have that much $$
But Phil and Tracker < you are correct. I fully understand now.
Thank you for helping me understand.
I hope the people do thhe right thing and return the $$

Luckily only 40K was in cash, the rest was cheques.

G
G
What has become of the human race...?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.