Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Topic Options
#496660 - 10/10/14 11:52 AM Keith Burgess Charged for Burglary
Marty Offline
On Thursday, a 53-year-old Caye Caulker man, who was caught in the act burglarizing a home on the island, was arraigned in the Belize City Magistrate’s Court, on a single count of burglary.

He is 53-year-old Keith Burgess.

On Monday of this week, Mr Burgess was caught in the act on a surveillance camera, after stealing 20 whole lobsters from inside the business place of Bamboose Beach Bar & Grill.

Keith Burgess broke both his feet, allegedly, when he jumped off the roof of the business place he was burglarising.

Mr Burgess dragged himself on the ground using his knees when he went to court on Wednesday, saying he refused the crutches as they hurt him more.

Keith Burgess, who was unrepresented, appeared before Magistrate Dale Cayetano and was read a single charge of burglary. He pleaded not guilty to the charge and was offered bail in the sum of $1,000 plus one surety of the same.

Keith Burgess is due back in Court on December 9, 2014.

PLUSTV

#496708 - 10/11/14 08:32 PM Re: Keith Burgess Charged for Burglary [Re: Marty]
Dane Offline
I came out of the shower and found Keith on my balcony. He said if I came on the balcony he would kill me.
I yelled to my wife upstairs to shoot him dead. She answered back that she need me to draw him out for a clear shot.(we have no gun).
I charged out on the balcony just as he went over the edge and was hanging. I grabbed his arm but couldn't haul him back up, so I landed hard on both hands with my heels. He fell in our concrete fountain, tried to raise up to run but couldn't. I stood there chatting with him about his future, fully naked.
The cops picked him up at dawn with stolen goods.
He arranged a cash payment and was released the next day.
His landlord paid it. I told her to collect rent in advance because the next time we wouldn't get the police involved, so he wouldn't be coming home.
He got the message and left the next day.and did a robbery that day in the city.
They beat him nearly to death.

#496786 - 10/14/14 06:33 PM Re: Keith Burgess Charged for Burglary [Re: Dane]
Bear Offline
Not necessarily a great anecdote considering the topic & situation Dane but definitely told with a certain panache!

#496794 - 10/14/14 09:21 PM Re: Keith Burgess Charged for Burglary [Re: Marty]
seashell Offline
Wow, you'd have thought after falling into your water feature he'd have been hurt enough in the first place.

#496821 - 10/15/14 05:46 PM Re: Keith Burgess Charged for Burglary [Re: Marty]
Maya House Offline
Were you injured as well, Dane?? I certainly hope not!

#496825 - 10/15/14 07:28 PM Re: Keith Burgess Charged for Burglary [Re: Marty]
Dane Offline
We have more history.
It is hard to steal things too big for a small bag because you needed a boat to take larger stolen goods away. He solved that problem for CC thieves with his boat and fencing biz.
When he was arrested one of the cases was a motor the cops had. They thought was my stolen one.

He jumped from the balcony during the trial and escaped.
I had overheard him planning it with a boat guy so the cops picked up his ride while it waited for him.
He hid in the bug filled bush behind my. house during a four day rainstorm.
When he got up his courage he came to my door to extort money from me.
He looked like hell.
The motor had been stolen from a guy in the city. He said he would tell the cops whose motor it was, and I would not get it unless I gave him a $1000.
I made him an offer instead. He signed a confession to stealing the motor and included the name and address of the legal owner. In return I bought him a water taxi ticket and a bottle of water.
I gave to the cops who returned the motor to its owner.
He agreed in the confession to never return to CC.
Next time I saw him was a year later on the balcony.

#496827 - 10/15/14 08:18 PM Re: Keith Burgess Charged for Burglary [Re: Marty]
tahunt Offline
Dane you are a nicer guy than me. This scum would reside on CC permanently if I would have been in your shoes. Permanently 6 feet under in the cemetery. Its one thing to give a guy a break once, but repeated attempts to extort money and steal from you is going farther than I would have allowed. You are a far more tolerant and better person than I am ! !

#496830 - 10/15/14 10:17 PM Re: Keith Burgess Charged for Burglary [Re: Marty]
seashell Offline
Wow.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day