Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
S
One thing to add, a lot of Middle Street is still residential. What are those people supposed to do? Take their cart and park it before 10am and then go out to get it at 10pm; probably after they've gone to bed.

What San Pedro needs is a true traffic engineer and not somebody who has been sitting under Ramons clock from dawn to dusk with note book for several weeks.

[Linked Image]

I have all three of those traits at different times of day

Well said Simon.

I put my bike away as there was to much traffic and most people on the Island will not obey traffic signs.

Just got back from town. At 7.30am there were 38 parked vehicles on front street from the school to Belize Bank and 24 on middle street from the computer shop to the school. 2 hours later there were 78 on front street and 54 on middle street. That is an increase of nearly 100% in 2 hours, I will check them again at 3pm when I go and pick our son up from High School.

The numbers above does not included vehicles parked on the side street's going to the sea.

My point is if you close front and middle streets you will need parking for up to 200+ vehicles in high season as most of the vehicles this morning are locals.

Last edited by Inplub; 10/21/14 09:41 AM.
Yes the parking lots will need to accommodate more than 200 because tourist golf cart rentals will need to be included also.

It would be great if we could have some pedestrian training and if bicycles were made to follow the rules of the road in the same manner that motorized vehicles are required to. Currently bikes and pedestrians run around willy nilly with absolutely no regards for the rules of road, contributing to the melee of golf carts, dump trucks, taxis and various construction equipment vehicles.

I do not like to attempt walking on the streets in town and would love it if the front and middle streets made way to sidewalk cafes, ice cream stands and art displays. Let's bring back some charm and serenity to San Pedro town!

Could we not just close front street at certain times, make middle street one-way but going the other way and leave back street as it is? That way most traffic will not cross itself.

Last edited by Inplub; 10/21/14 10:12 AM.
P
P
In the initial plan if the red line was all South to North traffic and the Blue line North to South it minimises the crossing traffic to just those accessing the Parking area and the School drop off run.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.