Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: October 22, 2014

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: Tropical depression #9 will exert more influence our weather.
Advisories: None.
24-hour forecast: Generally cloudy skies with sunny periods today and cloudy skies tonight. A few showers, periods of rain and isolated thunderstorms will occur over inland areas and in the north today. Elsewhere,showers and thunderstorms will be isolated.
Winds: West to southwest 5-10 knots.
Marine Forecast:
Today: Winds: W/SW 5-10 kts.; seas: Slight - light chop.; waves: <3ft.; a few showers and isolated thunderstorms(mostly north).
Tomorrow: Winds: W/SW 5-10 kts.; seas: Slight - light chop.; waves:
Marine Outlook: Thursday night:- Winds: W/NW 10-20 kts.; seas: Choppy- moderate.; waves: 3-5 ft.; some showers and isolated thunderstorms (mostly north).
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 85
General Outlook: Through to Friday morning: Continuing cloudy skies with some showers, periods of rain and a few thunderstorms over most areas.

Tropical Weather Outlook: The center of tropical depression #9 was located near 19.4°N 92.3°W.The depression was heading East at 6mph with maximum sustained winds of 35mph.
Click for our daily Tropical Weather Report

Current Conditions and weather history for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro
Wind & weather forecast for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro: Great information for sailors...
Caribbean winds site: An animated map of Caribbean wind and weather. Click for a green circle or position, showing the exact location longitude and latitude, temp and wind speed.
Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 31° C
87° F
25° C
76° F
Inland 33° C
92° F
22° C
72° F
Hills 26° C
78° F
20° C
68° F
TIDES:
High - 9:08 AM Low - 3:03 PM
High - 8:57 PM Low - 3:39 AM (THUR.)
Sunrise - 5:48 AM Moonrise - 5:31 AM (THUR.)
Sunset - 5:26 PM Moonset - 4:45 PM

CLICK here and here for detailed weather data

[Linked Image]
On Ambergris Caye this morning it's calm and quiet. Everyone is predicting a storm coming in from mexico due to arrive early this weekend. Our expected high is 87.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Belmopan... 09:30 BZT

I expect a fair amount of sunshine today, with some cloud, perhaps some building up this afternoon, but little or no rain today.

A band of rain passed over central western Belize over night, from Guatamala, but that has now cleared up. Right now, there is no rain approaching Belize even from over 400 km away. . .. .

That Depression 9 appears to be bringing Belize Dry weather for the next few days.

Tropical Depression Nine

appears to have passed north of Belize, despite the Wunderground chart showing it having crossed over northern Belize.

It does appear that the depression is still in the Gulf of Mexico and so it could be crossing over the Yucatan later, it appears that it is sucking wet air from the Caribbean up through the straights of Cuba, not over Belize, so we are having dry air right now, but where that is meeting the cooler air from the USA, it is causing a lot of rain, which will not be coming our way.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Belmopan... 19:00 BZT

There is Rain developing along the East side of the Mountains, all the way from Toledo up to Belize City.

They are just developing, not moving in from anywhere. . . . .There are also isolated rain in the northern part of Belize, which are moving towards the NE. . . . .All these rain showers, appear to be on the increase this afternoon and evening.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
From Belmopan... 20:00 BZT

Without a working Satellite images, it is harder to say what will the weather be tomorrow. There is rain coming towards central Belize over night.

What I am seeing, in Not a Low pressure centre or depression causing a lot of rain. . . ..But the Low pressure tough, stretching from the south Gulf of Mexico, across to Florida. . . .Cool air circulating round this area, meeting warm wet air from the south and causing large, high cloud build up around the Cuban straights. . . .Causing rain in Yucatan and northern Belize presently, and perhaps much of tonight. . . Only causing more scattered showers in other parts of Belize. . .The winds continuing, as they have for much of the day, to be from the West.

So tomorrow I expect to have a fair bit of sunshine, some rain showers in central and southern Belize, but periods of heavy rain in northern Belize.

I tried to post earlier but a lightning strike shut us down. since 6pm we've had horrendous thunder and lightning followed by buckets of rain. Power just came back and the internet is obvious up again. it seems to be coming from the North. The dogs are cowering in the bathroom.

White Sands Dive Shop
I usually only have to shut up a few windows on the east but this storm came in from the west. There was at least one hour of lightning far enough away that I could not hear any thunder but then just before 7:00 it moved in fast and hard. I have a lot of windows and doors on the west and got them closed just in time. There were two lightning bolts that sounded like they took out a tree very near by. I have not been willing to risk looking out to see.

I am an avid fan of "Survivor" and every Wednesday night Coral Cable looses the satellite image. I don't think they have anyone monitoring this. Makes me want to yell at them!

Thankfully I have solar

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
It's gona be one of those nights that will sink your boat if your pump fails.

White Sands Dive Shop

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.