Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#497206 10/23/14 05:27 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Hello everyone,
My wife and I (Michelle and Jim) are trying to plan our retirement (5 years out) and Ambergris Caye is one of the places we are looking at. Before we rush into anything we want to plan a trip to Belize in early 2015. Can anyone suggest a place to stay for a couple weeks to a month. We would prefer a spot that would be easy access to everything so we can absorb as much as possible.

I made 8 trips down here staying at various places before I moved. When I moved here I rented a small (but comfortable) place in the center of town (above Manelly's Ice Cream). I was able to learn a lot by living there.
Eventually I choose to live north of the cut.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
J
OP Offline
J
WOW 8 trips, nice. At what trip did you decide this was the spot?

Why not try two or three locations - one south, one in town, one north? Could be a very helpful experience!

Diane that is a good suggestion.
My first two trips I stayed at Paradise Villas and dove with Hustler. They built the cantina at the end of the dock between my 1st and 2nd trip. At that time this was considered the north edge of town.

Then I stayed at Lily's in the center of town, Next was the Blue Tang at Hustler's dock, then The Hide-a-way run by the sisters from Texas south of town.

Then it gets confusing but I rented the place above Manelly's for a year before I moved full time. That was way cheaper than paying day rates.

I find the different sections very different and to each his own.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
J
OP Offline
J
Hey guys all good info and thank you. We are heading down in early 2015, I would like to fine a nice place that is willing to rent for two weeks, maybe a month.

It would be nice to fine a place centrally located where we could base our experience and attempt to absorb all we can in a short time.

Would appreciate a contact, website, email, etc................

Jim

B
B
for Short/Long term rentals I would suggest reaching out to Ambergris Caye Management www.cayemanagement.com/

S
S
Stay anywhere on San Pedro that you feel comfortable in & that fits your budget. Keep in mind that "Island Time" has evolved into an entirely knew format in Belize...it takes 3 days to get from here to there, set up business meetings, buy major stuff like appliances, real estate, vehicles, etc., so I hope that you have a high frustration quotient! Plus the asked for price, like all over the 3rd world, is never the selling price. I get discounts on everything from groceries, furniture/appliances, services, hotels, airfare, meals, booze, etc. etc.

Don't forget, that while Belizeans are basically friendly & honest, they come froma long line of pirates, boatwreckers, & smugglers, and scerwing an innocent Gringo is not beneath them!

Originally Posted by Steve BZ

Don't forget, that while Belizeans are basically friendly & honest, they come froma long line of pirates, boatwreckers, & smugglers, and scerwing an innocent Gringo is not beneath them!

In your case - call it Karma!
(money lending at your rates....it aint no surprise!)

Promoting love and encouraging grassroots in the city..... www.belizecitydaytrip.com
D
D
Hi Jim and Michelle,

My husband and I are looking with a similar purpose for a month or two in November and December. (Although our retirement is within the next two years:) Please share your suggestions for accommodations.

Tim and Deb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.