Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#497525 - 11/02/14 12:24 PM Water taxi from Chetamul
jodav12 Offline
Hi,

I'm travelling to Ambergris Caye in February next year. A few months ago I read that the water taxi's from Chetumal are daily at 3pm, however now they seem to be on odd or even days - will this be the case in February or will it be daily again?

Thanks

#497526 - 11/02/14 12:31 PM Re: Water taxi from Chetamul [Re: jodav12]
Marty Offline
probably the water taxi is from Corozal, Belize just across the border from Chetumal, Mexico. they are probably on their off season now, so less runs. check with Thunderbolt: here

Thunderbolt leaves from the Corozal Main Pier at 7:00 am, arrives at the Sarteneja Main Pier at 7:30 am, arrives at SanPedro Sunset Dock Pier at 9:00 am. Thunderbolt leaves SanPedro Sunset Dock at 3:00 pm, arrives at Sarteneja Main Pier at 4:30 pm, arrives at Corozal Main Pier at 5:00 pm.

#497527 - 11/02/14 12:36 PM Re: Water taxi from Chetamul [Re: jodav12]
jodav12 Offline
Hi, I think I figured it out after a bit more searching. There are two companies and they each go on alternate days, but there is one boat each day.

Thanks for the reply

#497529 - 11/02/14 03:12 PM Re: Water taxi from Chetamul [Re: jodav12]
MisterB266 Offline
Yes jodav, you've figured it out correctly, and both companies have websites -- let me know if you need the links.

Marty's reply refers to a different water taxi run between Corozal and San Pedro.

#497535 - 11/02/14 11:20 PM Re: Water taxi from Chetamul [Re: jodav12]
CayeMarie Offline
We have traveled with both companies at different times and highly recommend San Pedro Belize Express. We had a terrible experience with Water Jets. They were more expensive, 1 hour late leaving Chetumal, very unorganized on storing luggage etc. and there were groceries coming down the isle all the way across. They were also very disorganized when we reached San Pedro and we were going on to Caye Caulker and that was also very late then broke down as we left the dock. If you can manage to hit the day San Pedro Express is running you will probably have a pleasant trip. We would spend a night in Chetumal rather than travel with Water Jets again.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (steeplejack, 1 invisible), 46 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,188 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.