Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
D
That place Mike is showing was a small mangrove island off the east tip of the Split with the Marin sisters swimming.
There was a lovely little cove in between to the right of the photo.
Dredging along the front of the Split by OJ caused it to wash away in a short time.
Michelle is standing on the present Split facing east toward the reef looking at the little island.
The Split has a long history of gringos " improving " it, while ignoring the locals explanation of what happened last time similar changes were made.

Last edited by Dane; 11/05/14 09:26 AM.
OP Offline
for the curious...
the saga of *THE SPLIT* continu
watch News 5 and Channel 7 tonight
it is just the beginning of another court claim involving
a second Caution against properties and owner (Dan Nichols & CO) of the split
potential new buyer should be aware of the second caution too wink

B
B
I just blogged about it too. grin

OP Offline
Here Copy of CAUTION against the split & Emerald point registered at register of lands the 26/8/14
all personal info are scratch [Linked Image]

OP Offline
Removed at request of poster.

So is the Lazy Lizard open or closed today?

A
A
The place is still closed, thought it was supposed to open a few days back.
Many rumors flying around, but quick changes of plans are the norm on Caye Caulker.
I wish someone would make an announcement?
Our restaurant is next door and many people are coming in and asking!

Last edited by artisan; 11/10/14 04:08 PM.
D
D
You seem angry in the way you are addressing me.
I read through and don't understand which misinformation I gave in my post.

Several crimes you listed are not crimes at all.

Less than a third of the parcels of land on CC have gone through First Registration. The biggest reason is that they did not assign numbers and process any lots here for a long time.
This was the last area of the country to begin processing, it takes months or a year.

It is perfectly usual to do land transactions on parcels without clear titles or First Registrations.
The title search on most titles in the US and Canada reveal a list of liens, encumbrances, cautions, etc.
The title insurance assures you that there are no others not shown, but you are buying the property with those liens included.

Your understanding of the parent corporation internal ownership does not match exactly with my conversations with the principals when I tried to buy it before Dan.
If he is an ex politician I would guess one of them is your secret guy. If it is there are couple of other secrets his ex wife knows you might check into that could help you. I admire her, very smart and honest.

I didn't explain the details of their ownership because it is private and because who cares?

Dan lures people? He is approached constantly by people who want to make money from the Split for many years. He loaned some money with terms that are usual for venture capital, likely including big non payment penalties. It can help folks bring their dreams to life. Perhaps in your case it did not. I regret that, sorry for your loss.

This requires more than a line or two to explain but a corp. can do internal sales or make deals for part or all of a land asset without need for the Land Registry.
These are sometimes called Deeds of Convenience.
The name on the title sometimes has nothing to do with that person owning any rights to the real estate.
They often come attached to other docs which explain who actually owns the rights to the land.
Your lawyer will explain how that works for money, or I will answer any question that might help you for free. PM if you prefer.

I have no horse in this race, this is just small talk.

Here is a bit of advice for anyone wanting to spend time on Caye Caulker.
Choose the people you get in disputes with very wisely.
It will affect every part of your experience on the island in ways that one can't see coming.

Last edited by Dane; 11/10/14 07:44 PM.
S
S
The comments in this thread are bordering on if not already libelous. These matters should be settled in a court of law not a court of public opinion. This thread is being locked down until further notice.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day