Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#49844 - 04/30/02 02:22 PM Ambergris Caye
jeff5 Offline
My wife and I are planning a vacation to San Pedro Town and are planning to stay at the Playa Blanca Resort. We are also planning to dive with Gaz Cooper and we were wondering if they are the same outfit. We would also like to here all the pros and cons prior to going. We heard that it was a great place to stay. Other than diving what other interesting sites and things to do in San Pedro. Thanks for your response

#49845 - 04/30/02 02:32 PM Re: Ambergris Caye
trina Offline
San Pedro is very much a "water" place...snorkeling, swimming, para-sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, fishing, I suppose, if you're into it (we're not). You can take excursions to the mainland, and go cave-tubing. I've never done that, but check this site...there's a thread about "cave tubing". I can't think of any "con's". Maybe that's why my husband and I are going back for our third year in a row!!!! The only con is that staying in town is a little noisy; I'm not sure where your resort is located. But the noise thing is no big deal...we love it!! HAVE FUN!!

#49846 - 04/30/02 02:33 PM Re: Ambergris Caye
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Right, Gaz and Playa Blanca are one and the same. Beautiful North location, very nice units.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#49847 - 04/30/02 02:35 PM Re: Ambergris Caye
seashell Offline
Gaz is well respected and as I understand it, yes, he owns Playa Blanca also.

If Andy is still his DM, you will be well pleased.

Playa Blanca is well north of San Pedro. You will have to take a water taxi to town. I don't know if there are any restaurants within walking distance and if there are, I doubt that there are very many.

If you like quiet and beauty, you'll probably be quite happy.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#49848 - 04/30/02 03:02 PM Re: Ambergris Caye
sweetjane Offline
i think it is THE north most resort. it is brand new & supposed to be very beautiful. and gaz has a great reputation.

it is condo style with kitchens. no restaraunt, i think. you MIGHT be able to walk to mata chica, don't know. it is FAR from town. do not plan on being in town much if u stay there. it was a 15-20 min boatride from JE and that is MUCH farther south (tho still very north). therefore, i would suspect noise is not an issue.

this resort is looking to be one of the prettiest, but very far from town. it is a choice. therefore, you will be limited on activities unless you venture out. (not necessarily a bad thing )

we chose to do a few days mainland (ruins, jungle, sights), then relax on AC. it might be an option for you too.

as far as i know, no one from this board has stayed there yet.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 50 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.