Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#49879 03/29/02 05:01 PM
J
OP Offline
J
First time to Belize, Looking for some feedback on Banana Beach Resort. Are there places close by for food, drinks etc. Any recommendations for local eats (cheap to moderate)from street vendors to small local favorites.

#49880 03/29/02 05:47 PM
B
B
Just got back from Banana Beach last week. We had a wonderful time. There is no restaurant at the hotel, but right next door (Mata Rocks) there is a bar on the beach with snacks available. Next to that is a small restaurant called Toucan's - one chef, all home made food (seafood, pasta, salads and full bar). In the other direction at Banyan Bay Resort is Rico's restaurant - nice selection for breafast, lunch, and dinner (breakfast buffet every day from 7-10:30am) - very freindly service. We ventured into town a few nights, but actually had our best dinner at the Victoria House Restaurant which is about a 5 minute walk south of Banana (in the direction of Mata and Toucan's). A bit pricier, but great service and exquisite atmosphere!

Enjoy!

#49881 03/29/02 06:09 PM
C
C
Banana Beach is one of the best places to stay on the island -
Rico's next door is a great place if you want to stay close by, but you'll probably be best off heading into town for the majority of your food and drinks...

#49882 03/29/02 06:49 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the info, BB has Deluxe Ocean or Ocean suites, is there much difference? Can you snorkel from the beach, how's the pool it looks likes it in the middle of the complex or does if face the beach (just curious)? Thanks

#49883 03/31/02 11:45 AM
S
S
Banana Beach is very nice. I believe the deluxe are the corner units.

No snorkling from the beach. You can try looking under the dock where there may be some fish but there is nothing but sand and grass there. Don't worry about the sea grass. It's not slimy.

The pook is inside the complex. At first I thought it was odd but it's actually a nice set up. It's lined with plants and decorated with pottery. Very nice. Wood deck. Theres sun or shade to sit in due the the set up and there are tables too.

There are three restaurants within walking distance and right accross the street a quaint little C store with water & basics. The little stores are about the same price (water was less)as the grocery store.

#49884 03/31/02 01:17 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks for all for the great info, is snorkeling only thru tours?
Thnaks again,
J-Out

#49885 03/31/02 10:51 PM
C
C
Yes Banana Beach is awesome. THe Ocean view is great. We didn't book the deluxe ocean view but got one anyway, room 31. I'm sure all the rooms and ocean rooms are great.

We rented bikes for the week. So that made all restuarants accessible. We went into town every night. I was concerned we might be too far south but as it turned out, that was not the case. As far as close by, I thought El Patio was excellent.

Thanks to someone else on this board, Becky?? going for her 3rd time? We decided on Banana Beach. The rooms are spacious, fully equipped, nicely decorated. The pool, interior courtyard and grounds are excellent. The staff is great, etc. We were very happy with the choice.

I will have pix in a few days so check back. There are lots of nice places to stay but you will be pleased with BB, I would definitely go back. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Greg

#49886 04/01/02 11:25 AM
Glad to see the great feedback on BB! I am heading there on the 13th for a week with friends and totally looking forwards to it. The info on the nearby restaurants will come in handy!

Andrea

Andrea in Atlanta
#49887 04/20/02 11:19 AM
N
N
Banana Beach was FABULOUS! We just returned from 16 days there, and couldn't have been more comfortable. Awesome staff, great beds, cable TV, full kitchen, cool pool, just wonderful. Still getting over the "backhome shock"....want to be THERE! Tell Suzy the dog HI for us!

#49888 04/20/02 07:40 PM
L
L
Heading to Banana Beach, with an ocean front room on 5/2. Only 12 more days until 10 days of paradise! Although I did not stay there last time, I looked at the rooms and the entire place. Very nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.