An American National and business owner of a Pizza Place in Caye Caulker is claiming police brutality by the hands of officers at the Caye Caulker Police formation. The incident he claims occurred over the weekend and alleges that the officer he placed a complaint against tortured him and pepper sprayed him. We spoke to the complainant via telephone and he claims the abuse stems from the officer having a personal gripe against him. The pictures provided to us may be graphic for our younger audience, so viewer discretion is advised.

Caye Caulker Businessman

“Essentially I was terrorized and brutalized in the most scenic possible you can imagine, they poured acid on me and I can’t take it off my body and it is now eating my flesh and with a lot of pain but I am trying to get to the bottom of this and I was abuse in the most terrific way you can imagine.”

Maria Novelo – Reporter

“Why were you targeted, sir?”

Caye Caulker Businessman

“For the last four months they have been terrorizing me as much as people would be witnessing me for a long time, and he pulled the gun on me and he abuse of me in the most terrific way the other night you can imagine.”

The complainant says since the incident he has made a report to both the Caye Caulker Police and the San Pedro Town Police who are investigating the matter.