Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#499516 - 01/04/15 02:14 AM Has anyone heard this? By far the best story so far
Yesilivehere Offline
Has anyone heard this yet? I was having a conversation with two tourists. Very nice folks that told me they had just bought " pre construction" phase of a wonderful 5 star resort that will be complete in 5 years. To quote them" we purchased a penthouse suite and in order for them to build a five star resort here the resort had to be equiped with a full 24 hr medical faucility on site. This will be complete with an OR ( operating room) and will offer cosmetic surgery procedures as well, fabulous! " ok, is there really a resort boasting this being built here on the island called Venzia Del Caribe? Ive looked it up and i see nothing about a 24 hour med center. I would think the sheer liability of such a thing would be questionable?

#499517 - 01/04/15 04:11 AM Re: Has anyone heard this? By far the best story so far [Re: Yesilivehere]
Short Offline
I have heard something about plans for a medical facility like you are describing close to Venezia del Caribe. I think they are US expats with medical background who reside in that area. It wouldn't surprise me when they have teamed up with Sandy Point Resorts.

#499518 - 01/04/15 05:58 AM Re: Has anyone heard this? By far the best story so far [Re: Short]
Yesilivehere Offline
Ahhhh. Then the story was pretty accurate except they said it was part of the resort. None the less thats interesting!

#499530 - 01/04/15 04:19 PM Re: Has anyone heard this? By far the best story so far [Re: Yesilivehere]
Decompression Offline
The "plan" is very much accurate. Along with some added commercial development in the vicinity, which the area needs.

Now the plan of 5 years?. That's another story.

DS

#499533 - 01/04/15 05:51 PM Re: Has anyone heard this? By far the best story so far [Re: Yesilivehere]
R.P. McMurphy Offline
Who is the developer? This same line was pitched to me nearly ten years ago. That development is still unfinished. Beware!

#499538 - 01/05/15 04:14 AM Re: Has anyone heard this? By far the best story so far [Re: R.P. McMurphy]
Short Offline
Originally Posted By: tropicguy
Who is the developer? This same line was pitched to me nearly ten years ago. That development is still unfinished. Beware!

2009 to be exactly, you are talking about a different development, close to the airstrip:
http://ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/330657/Re_New_Building_Project_Raises.html

Although the names are similar, they are not related, this one is:
Developer: Sandy Point Resorts - http://www.sandypointresorts.com
Resort: Venezia del Caribe - https://www.veneziadelcaribe.com

#499581 - 01/06/15 10:55 AM Re: Has anyone heard this? By far the best story so far [Re: Yesilivehere]
D6262 Offline
Removed due to receiving this email:

I am requesting that this post come down asap, it is not factual and in fact is slanderous in nature. If i do not receive confirmation that this post is removed within 48 hrs I will seek legal council and proceed accordingly. In the future I would highly recommend that all registered people on the forum have transparency so that we can know who they are, thank you.

Edited by Marty (04/15/15 05:04 PM)
Edit Reason: explained above

#499613 - 01/06/15 09:32 PM Re: Has anyone heard this? By far the best story so far [Re: D6262]
CaptOneIron Offline
You are certainly right about the medical issues. It is laughable to think this could ever happen.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (ragman, samalvey), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.