Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15 >
Topic Options
#49965 - 06/29/02 04:50 PM San Pedro Dogs~Urgent!
Teenah Offline
I just spoke to my best friend who lives in San Pedro. The Town Council has implemented a policy to start poisoning the stray dogs with strychnine. They advised her to keep her own dogs tied up at night. Besides being worried about my friends beloved pets, I am sickened at the thought of my favorite beach dogs dying a horrible painful death to strychnine. Apparently Bron,the local vet, had an agreement with the Town Council that she would do her share to help by spaying and neutering the stray dogs, but despite her efforts, they have decided to use this inhumane form of euthanasia. I love San Pedro and the dogs are such an integral part of the local color. Certainly there has to be other regular visitors who would be upset about these practices. Is there anything we can do to stop this? They were to start the poisoning last Wednesday so there have probably been some casualties already. Hopefully is wasn't your favorite beach dog
who fell victim~

#49966 - 06/29/02 06:12 PM Re: San Pedro Dogs~Urgent!
Johnboy Offline
Toad!!!! I guess you are not a dog lover..Maybe SAGA can come up with something...I hope so ....

#49967 - 06/29/02 06:45 PM Re: San Pedro Dogs~Urgent!
Teenah Offline
Ya know Toad.....I appreciate your sense of humor as much as anyone, but you really do need to recognize when it's appropriate to joke around. I've witnessed death by strychnine and I assure you it's not pretty. No creature deserves that.

#49968 - 06/29/02 08:36 PM Re: San Pedro Dogs~Urgent!
patrickh Offline
Toad

you sound like a real a-hole. I would help a dog before someone like you

#49969 - 06/29/02 08:36 PM Re: San Pedro Dogs~Urgent!
Becca & Shawn Offline
I could argue both ways. I really dont enjoy watching a female dog get tag teamed by 6 horny little male ones while I'm enjoying lunch or a drink's at BC's. But I dont think they should be poisoned. There's definitly a stray dog problem in San Pedro. If the dogs are friendly enough to come up to me while I'm eating, there friendly enough to come up to the Vet(by luring them with food) then properly euthanize them.

#49970 - 06/29/02 08:50 PM Re: San Pedro Dogs~Urgent!
Laguna Punta Offline
I really don't think many of the San Pedro stray dogs read this message board. I'll be sure to pass along the info.

#49971 - 06/29/02 09:26 PM Re: San Pedro Dogs~Urgent!
Teenah Offline
I'm assuming from all of toad's posts that he's not yet been to San Pedro. I can also tell you that not only has he never met me in person, we've never even had a conversation. Aren't his psychic abilities simply amazing????? Can you believe how much he knows about me and the situation with the dogs in San Pedro? Toad, you are truly amazing!

#49972 - 06/29/02 09:49 PM Re: San Pedro Dogs~Urgent!
rickcheri Offline
ToaD...YOU REALLY COULD USE A LESSON IN COMPASSION....What's the matter??? Parents lock you in a closet when you were young??? I let my dogs lick my face...but most humans,.... NOT!!!! Coconut

#49973 - 06/29/02 10:04 PM Re: San Pedro Dogs~Urgent!
Teenah Offline
Toad

You're a legend in your own mind.

#49974 - 06/29/02 10:22 PM Re: San Pedro Dogs~Urgent!
MandM Offline
Hey Bill !!!

Isn't it good to know that when you pass on a message, someone is listening?

Hope you are gone and back again by the time we get back to SP....

Cheers~!
M M

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.