Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Head with us to the Caribbean for music, scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing, rum punch, Belikin beer and quality beach-time. Camp Belize is a fun-filled week. Once you are on the island all plans cease, and you simply relax and enjoy music, the charm of the little island, the sea, the spectacular reef, and the tropic moon.

It all takes place on Ambergris Caye, San Pedro Town, Belize, Central America. Once again, each week of Camp Belize will have two concerts in 2015. On Tuesday and Friday January 20, 23, 27 & 30 JJW will once again wow the crowd at at Fido's.

Something NEW in recent years is our location for Jerry Jeff's shows! Our 2015 Camp Belize headquarters will be the fabulous waterfront restaurant/bar, Fido's on Barrier Reef Drive. This is where we gather on "Arrival Sunday" for happy hour around 6:00pm to meet and mingle. It is also where you get information about special events, island activities available, and details on Jerry Jeff's shows. Both of the shows take place on FIDO'S covered stage with views of the beautiful blue-green waters of the Caribbean. Unlike past years when we were at the mercy of the weather, the covered stage allows you to plan on shows being Tuesday and Friday nights - for sure.

Jerry Jeff's shows are the only planned activities for the week. Other nights, and every day, you have the freedom to plan your own down time, whatever you desire.

"VIP" Laminates are sold from the JJW website for 2 separate weeks (the first starts tomorrow) and then again beginning next Sunday. According to Jerry Jeff's website, online passes are sold out, but Fido's still has a few for sale. Both Tuesday and Friday shows; $150.00 USD and for a single show $100 USD.

Although the dates above are the only official dates for the actual concerts, the members of "Camp Belize" are known to go around town and do a bit of jamming (otherwise known as "Picking Parties") at local restaurant/bars.

[Linked Image]

For more information, click here.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Camp Belize 2015; Pickin' in Paradise

As early as a week ago, fans began gravitating to the island for the annual Jerry Jeff Walker Camp Belize 2015. Walker and his wife Susan have been island mainstays since 1995 and each year aficionados of the legendary singer-songwriter migrate from all over the world, mostly from the US, to see him perform in this beautiful Caribbean setting. Many of the enthusiasts are also musicians themselves, and they too enjoy the tropical ambiance while making music and socializing with each other.

The first of two sold-out Camps this month kicked off on Sunday, January 18th with a meet and greet party at Fido's, and on Tuesday the 20th, Jerry Jeff Walker took to the stage for the first of two concerts scheduled this week. Walker was in a good-natured mood and shared engaging stories about the good old days on the island, which inspired him to start off the show with a "few songs about boats". Week one of Camp Belize ends of January 24th with the second Camp beginning on the 25th. Keep your ears open for Pickin' Parties at the bars mentioned above, a great time indeed! Have a wonderful musical stay on La Isla Bonita Walker Wonders!

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Musicians Invade La Isla - Pickin' Parties Abound!
The Jerry Jeff Walker 2015 Campers were out in full force this afternoon, January 21st for a proper Pickin' Party at Crazy Canucks. It was a beautiful day at the beachside bar, and many of the talented musicians took their turn at the microphone to entertain the crowd with great music. The festive mood had everyone tapping a toe or dancing to the upbeat music. Tomorrow's Pickin Party is scheduled at Carlo and Ernie's Runway Bar. If you enjoy live music and partying with super fun folks, Runway Bar is the place to be!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

It will seventeen years this year since Rose and I first 'found' San Pedro and in all that time we've never been to a Jerry Jeff Walker Pickin Party. These Pickin Parties are organised by the ardent and loyal Jerry Jeff Walker fans that follow him here to Belize for the concerts he gives annually. It's quite amazing really that we've never been to one when you consider that he first started his musical visits here shortly after our first visit.

Now I don't know when the Pickin Parties started (and quite honestly I really can't be bothered to spend an inordinate amount of time on the Internet trying to ascertain this information) but I'm pretty confident that they've been 'going on' for quite some considerable time.

Part of the reason may be that I'm not a big fan of Country Music. I don't dislike it but it's not my style of music of choice. Let's put it this way, if there was a juke box with only ten songs on it and nine of them were Country then I'd probably choose the one that wasn't. That is unless it was Heavy Metal or Punk. Get the drift.

I can't say the same for Rose though. She is a big, and I mean BIG, Country Music fan. Remember she's Irish (born there and not claiming heritage from a forbear from three of four generations ago) and the Irish (yes I am type casting) generally love Country Music.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the "Building a New Life" Blog

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Click photos for more pictures!

The Camp Belize 2015 (camp one or two this month) gang were entertained last night (Jan 23rd) by Jerry Jeff Walker and friends at Fido's Restaurant & Bar. During the sold-out show Walker asked the crowd to help support Saga Humane Society's "Hip to SNIP" program and literally had his hat passed around. The crowd gave generously, with over $2,000 donated! Camp Belize One ends tomorrow, with more fun folks arriving on the island the same day for Camp Two. We welcome you all!

Jerry Jeff Walker, Music Legend, Fills Ambergris Caye Belize With His Loyal Fans
Let me get to his concert, last night, in Belize. Where he had about 300 fans dancing and laughing and drinking and having a grand old Texas time. The "Camp" isn't just a Sunday event with Jerry Jeff and then two concerts during the week�it is a series of picking parties around town. Businesses around San Pedro LOVE Jerry Jeff's buckeroos. Everyone was in a brilliant mood�happy, drinking Belikins and more� Later in the evening, musician Christine Albert joined the crew. She is a musician and also happens to be the Recording Academy Chair for the Grammy Awards.

Jerry Jeff Walker Camp Belize at Fido's Bar January 2015

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Jerry Jeff Walker and Fans Give Back to the Community

Every single year Camp Belize participants donate back to the community through a variety of fund raisers during their stay. From scavenger hunts, to raffles, auctions and the passing of JJW's hat at concerts, monies have been donated to island organizations such as 5-a-side teams, the Polyclinic, Saga Humane Society and the San Pedro Lions Club Mosquito Coast Park to name a few.

One especially popular auction item has been the guitars crafted by San Pedro musician and guitar builder Dale Wallace. In 2011, after an endearing twist of events (the original story can be read online at http://goo.gl/KMvuB7), Dale offered one of his custom built guitars to be auctioned. Walker told The Sun that he was thrilled at the idea of auctioning one of Dale's guitars. "I wanted the monies raised to go to a worthy cause and I had noticed that although the Mosquito Coast Lions Park is looking nice, the boat dock is in very bad shape. I saw a family trying to dock there and they were having a hard time. I would like to help get that dock replaced so that families can enjoy the whole area," stated Walker. The lucky bidder for the guitar was long-time Camper Bob Vollmer from California, USA whose $1000US bid won him the coveted guitar. Lions President at the time, Melanie Paz accepted the $2,000BZ cash donation and with other monies donated the dock was fully repaired.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.