Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
I am board certified Family Physician wanting to consider 50% time medical work in Belize. Currently full time practice and would enjoy some free time but not ready to stop enjoying my patients.

One of my patients is moving to Caye Caulker and is very excited about life there.
It made me wonder if I might make a new life there? I would appreciate any information that might help me understand if an American physician would be able to obtain a license and
provide medical care on Caye Caulker. I was told of the great beauty that is found there.

doctur

S
S
I know 2 non-national, non-Cuban doctors that have tried to get licensing in Belize, one finally got theirs after trying for 10+ years and the other is still trying after 10+ years. For some reason they don't like to license foreign nationals unless they are from Cuba. The one that did get licensed still had to do a full year of residency at KHMH and write exams.

C
C
The pharmacy has just hired a new doctor, who will be starting on March 2. So private physician services and lab services will be available soon.

Belize Ministry of Health has been attempting to establish a medical tourism business, you can speak with them and see what they require. The major hurdle for the stall in services has been that Ministry wants foreign investors to send foreign patients and use Belizean doctors. Not what US, Canadian and Brit docs want to do as it takes away their income. There is a compromise but not sure if people will reach an agreement.
I will say that you need to visit prior to actually considering, seems like you are doing surgery before the labs are back... Doc. smirk

John deVerteuil

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day