Brad Wigh – Little Blue House Publishing of Caye Caulker, Belize, is pleased to announce the publication of two children’s books that celebrate growing up in Belize. “Caye Boy: Barefoot Adventures of an Island Child.” and “Caye Boy and Kite Day” chronicle the daily lives of two island children, from climbing coconut trees and building kites, to helping their fisherman father and tourist watching!

Both books are written by Caye Caulker resident Jessica Wigh who lives with her husband and two ‘caye’ sons. Jessie loves that the carefree life of the island child is much like her own barefoot small-town upbringing in Indiana…only with coconut trees and the Caribbean Sea instead of barns and hay bales. When not chasing her own “Caye Boys” around the island, Jessie co-operates a yoga retreat company (Belize Yoga) and a by-donation yoga studio (RandOM Yoga) with her husband.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

The Caye Boy Books: Raising Barefoot Kids on A Small Island in Belize…Could You Do It?
SUPER cute books. Ones that I have seen in a few resorts around Belize but never picked up. Now I have my very own copies. Books about island life, spending the day barefoot and the independence and ingenuity of kids when they are living in a safe environment. Makes me think back fondly of summer days in suburban NJ when you were sent outside after lunch and told to come home for dinner…and then it was straight outside again. The books talk about island life…tour guides, snorkeling with the fish, teasing about tourists – they “smell like sunscreen and ALWAYS ask a million questions” and will make you wish you were here. I’m not sure why I haven’t brought these books home to my nephews already. The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous. And kids would so love identifying the crab that is hidden on each page.

Caye Boy: bringing island life to readers across the globe!
For those lucky to live in the coastal shores of Belize you know that the best adventures happen during childhood. Running around barefoot, both looking for and causing excitement and trouble, Belizean children live one day at a time. Now thanks to Jessica Retseck Wigh, everyone can enjoy the simple life of growing up in the Caribbean shore just by reading! Jessica, who has been coming to Belize since 2002, compiled all her memories and experiences of Caye Caulker Village into a series of children’s book. Titled “Caye Boy” readers join the everyday life of Gilford and Alvis as they race around their little island. “I just want to make children happy. When they read this I just want them to smile and want to read it over and over again. At the same time I want the books to celebrate the culture of living and growing up in Belize. I want to share that experience with people, whether they are here or abroad,” said Jessica.