Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#501937 03/07/15 06:37 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Back in 2014 it was announced to the island and the internet that the popular Sausage Factory In San Pablo was no longer. It was a sad time for both locals and tourists who have come to love their quality meats.

While the original sausage factory is no longer, a new and different version has opened up.

It is now in a new and smaller location just over a mile south of town under the name Ambergris Sausage factory. It's located on the side street across from Banyan Bay and Grand Colony area on the road that leads to Ambergris Lake Villas, beside Los Caminantes and McKoy's Pharmacy.

You will find excellent cuts of meat & homemade sausages at a good price. Ambergris Caye Sausage Factory offers the largest selection of fresh and frozen smoked meats and sausage on the island. They also sell a limited amount of cheese too which you can buy sliced or in chunk form.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on Tacogirl's blog!

All of their products are good, but I think especially the bratwurst. I didn't even like the stuff before having the version made by Sausage Factory.
So glad they are back in business!!

R
R
Great place. We especially like the cheese, we usually buy white Cheddar cheese and Provolone.
Also we like a nice thick slice of ham which is enough for a nice dinner for two with enough left for sandwiches. Sausage Factory is one of my favorites. smile

One of our uses for the Cheddar is for Quesadillas. It melts nicely and is really a good tasting cheese.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Do they make BRAUNSCHWEIGER?
The German butcher who was on Middle Street made really good ones.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
R
R
Harriett, I don't think so but I've never asked. They are locally owned and do make a few types of sausages but they are not "German" and I believe their sausages are of Belizean/Mexican styles.

For now the "German Butcher" is only a memory.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 320 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.