Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#502000 03/09/15 03:00 PM
OP Offline
Hey all. Got back from a 2 week trip to San Pedro on March 2. Started getting Exact symptoms of Chikungunya on Thursday, March 5th. Not saying it's definitly Chikungunya . I don't have health Insurance and considering All you can do is keep yourself hydrated and take Ibuprophen, I decided not to pursue treatment/ diagnosis, plus my wife is an RN. Just curious on how many documented cases have been reported in San Pedro. I have a good friend who lives in San Pedro & his wife is being treated for Dengue. It's just uncomfortable and like I said It could just be the Flu. Just curious. Thanks

S
S
I believe there have only been a few cases in Belize and they came into the country from other countries. I have heard of nothing on San Pedro. You'd have to do a news search to find the documented cases.

S
S

M
M

I believe that if you have Chik-V you feel way worse than uncomfortable.
If you really think you have it, I think you should get a test. You'll be sick a while with it, and there could be things you'll need to know.

When I had dengue fever it was not uncomfortable. It was hellacious. And I believe chick v and malaria would be described in a similar manner. If you are uncomfortable,you probably have a cold or mild flu.

J
JTM Offline
J
The symptoms of Chikungunya and Dengue are very similar. Dengue is more wide spread. If there is any possibility that you have Dengue, you should NOT take ibuprofen because it increases the chance of hemorrhaging . See http://www.cdc.gov/dengue/symptoms/

P
P
Plenty of flu running round at the moment as it does every high season as we get new strains from visitors and it does the rounds.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.