Next Thread
Print Thread
#502340 03/17/15 05:44 PM
M
Marius Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi,
What do the expat population do for healthcare at AC? I am aware about the free (donation based?) clinic in San Pedro, as well as similar free hospitals in belize city. Do anybody buy international health insurance in addition? Or medivac insurance? We are in the process of moving to AC for a year, family of 5, no health issues, but you never know. Appreciate any info.

There are some great GP's on the island and you won't have to wait hours or days to see one during normal working times. Super reasonable prices. The pharmacies on the island stock most of the needed prescription drugs and often have generics of the more expensive brands at super-good prices. You can get many what would be considered "prescription medicines" in most Western countries over the counter on the island without a prescription, handy if you have an existing running prescription back home.

Belize Medical Associates, Buttonwood Bay Medical Center and Belize Healthcare Partners are three small but pretty advanced medical facilities in Belize City, privately owned and run with reasonable prices. RF&G Insurance Co. can provide your family with great health cover at reasonable prices. For example, my wife and I are insured with them for about $1600US per year for the two of us together. Note that existing conditions probably won't be covered.

Additionally, BUPA offers expat health insurance that can include air ambulance.
Do an internet search for details.

I have gone to Dr. Lerida Rodrigas for years. I can call in the morning and be seen that day. She has taken in a partner who covers the afternoons. Usual charge is $30 BZ for an office visit. This is so reasonable I do not even turn the bills into my California insurance. Her specialty is tropical diseases.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
M
Marius Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Great, thank you everybody.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.