Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#50243 - 06/14/02 08:30 AM Golf carts
Johnboy Offline
O.K.---- I'm hearing different reports on going north of the cut on a cart...How far can you go now on rented carts, from town using the ferry??????Thanks in advance!!!
Be there soon!!!!!!!! John

#50244 - 06/14/02 09:42 AM Re: Golf carts
KC Offline
Hey, Johnboy... You guys have an excellent time this year!

I hear that you can drive a golf cart up to Journey's End on "the road". But, most golf cart places don't want you to do it!

You can (sorta) drive on the beach from Journey's End to..... a long ways. I read on someone's post that they rented a golf cart from the Caye Mart (at Essene Way -- next to Capt. Morgans) and drove up the beach from there. I did not know that they rented carts at Essene Way. Anyone want to expound on this?

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

#50245 - 06/14/02 09:46 AM Re: Golf carts
teacher Offline
We took a cart up north on the road all the way to Journey's End--but you have to drive creatively around the holes and water! Watch out for the mosquitoes too!

I didn't see much of a path farther than Journey's end!

Be adventurous! Life is too short!

#50246 - 06/14/02 12:10 PM Re: Golf carts
Richard Chambers Offline
We rented a cart last time from the guys right next to the Beer/Coke distributor,and we took our cart as far above the ferry as it would take us! Then we promptly ran out of "gas" at a bar on the beach! 2 0r 3 Belikins later the cart guys showed up with a new/fresh one and they drove ours back into town cause the "Belikin pause" had allowed the batterys to charge back up!
Moral to the story is , 2 or 3 belikins will fix most anything!
Did cost us an extra $10 for the other cart on the ferry though!
Looks like the cart path goes north of Capricorn too......Richard

#50247 - 06/14/02 01:32 PM Re: Golf carts
NoManIsAnIslandJack Offline
Where do they rent the Hummer Golf carts with fridge, CD/DVD player and air conditioning?

#50248 - 06/14/02 07:10 PM Re: Golf carts
klcman Offline
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#50249 - 06/18/02 02:33 PM Re: Golf carts
madapple Offline
Johnboy- Once you get to Journeys End it appears that the road ends. We drove through JE and found that the road(actually two tire paths on the beach) continued farther. We made it to about a 1/2 mile beyond Portofino and turned around to hit Mambo for some lunch. It certainly isn't the easiest drive. Your butt will be in the air as often as it's in the seat, but it's definitely beautiful. It beats the NJ Turnpike for damn sure. I would not suggest driving up there late at night though as we discovered in some spots, the tide covers the "road" and the flashlight like headlights only brighten about the first three feet in front of you. Have fun.

#50250 - 06/18/02 09:09 PM Re: Golf carts
ScubaDoo Offline
Can you drive a golf cart to/from Captain Morgan's and San Pedro at night? Does the hand ferry operate at night? I can't quite picture the hand ferry thing. Are we better off using the water taxi? We will be staying at Captain Morgan's later this year (our first trip to Belize).

#50251 - 06/19/02 01:13 AM Re: Golf carts
madapple Offline
You are correct, you can't drive to SP at night from Morgan's because the guys pulling the ferry go home. I was talking about driving up to Portofino/Mata Chica at night.

#50252 - 06/24/02 12:45 AM Re: Golf carts
Wild Bill Offline
How much do golf carts generally cost (to rent of course)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Pokey, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,703 Topics
461,217 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.