Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
It's March. Oscar season has come and gone, and it feels like we've all spent the past six months watching nothing but movies about Stephen Hawking. Thankfully, that time is over. Now it's time for something really funny and really stupid.movie night color

This Thursday at the Paradise Theater, we'll be showing IDIOCRACY. Written and directed by Mike Judge (creator of "Office Space" and "Silicon Valley"), "Idiocracy" is the story of a man (Luke Wilson) who is frozen for 500 years, only to wake up and find society so incredibly dumbed down that he's now the smartest man alive. The movie is really funny and sophomoric (in the vein of "Dumb and Dumber"), but it also offers an all-too-likely depiction of America's consumer-driven future. I think you'll enjoy this movie - and I'm positive you'll leave feeling thankful you live in Belize.

Today THURSDAY (19/3) at 7:30pm
The Paradise Theater (just North of the bridge)
Rated R for language and mild sexual humor

B
B
Outstanding movie and my wife's favorite. Anyone who has left the US at least partially because of how dumb everyone is becoming these days will enjoy this movie. Expect a stupid movie, but it is funny. Hopefully it is not really the future ahead, but I won't know because I'll be on that beach if and when it happens.

Brett
Counting the days until I retire...

Great to have good films in such a super theatre! If you have not yet been there, make a point of going to the movies soon.

D
D
Is the theatre New? I don't remember seeing one the last time I was there.

Dawn Schick
Well that depends on the last time you were here ...... it has been there for some years now, but at first did not have much going on. The theatre is large and has a very fun classic facade. It is located just as you come off the bridge on the north side. The shows are listed on a big billboard right at the foot of the bridge. the theater has two showing venues, great popcorn and a liquor bar. Comfy seats and great sound as well. absolutely first class.

D
D
Thanks. I have no idea how I missed it!

Dawn Schick
B
B
It's very average looking from the outside. I never went because it didn't look like much, but now I regret it.

Brett

D
D
"It's very average looking from the outside."

;-)

DC

B
B
Haha. That sounded bad mean didn't it? I'll say it's unassuming. I honestly wasn't even sure it was still in business as every time I went by, I didn't see a soul around.

Brett

Movies are at 7 and 9 PM. Two or three nights a week.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.