Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#502534 03/22/15 05:38 AM
OP Offline
For those who are reflecting on the nature of change in San Pedro, I would like to offer a perspective ....

When I moved here in 1992, San Pedro was known as a lovely little drinking village with a fishing problem. Fishing and drinking were the two main activities, with a bit of diving and snorkeling added to the mix.

Today there are many healthy activities on offer. There are so many yoga classes I am not even going to try to list them for fear of leaving somebody off the list.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg in the infusion of healthy alternatives, and positive activities available to young and old, newbie and local.

Namaste...

I concur with Diane
When I first came in in 1998 most tourists were here for fishing or diving and tended to be adults without children (at least with them) There were a few party places but mostly one each night. You just asked where everyone was and they told you. (Fido's or the Boatyard back in the day)

I have watched the population change and now this island seems to be very family oriented and there are many more water sports for people of all ages. AND - there are so many party places it is hard to tell where everyone is on any given night

We have more restaurants and hardware store per-ca-pita than any place else I have ever seen. he he he

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.