Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#50265 - 06/26/02 03:23 PM Oops, almost forgot, any Net cafes on AC/Sunbreeze?
grldogjeep Offline
I wouldn't want to miss out on any of the valuable info you guys post out here! Can you tell I'm getting excited? Leave tomorrow

#50266 - 06/26/02 03:45 PM Re: Oops, almost forgot, any Net cafes on AC/Sunbreeze?
Chloe Offline
OH sure.....you are going to be thinking of US while you are enjoying Ambergris, never happen, if it does We will worry about you.

At least two internet cafes, one to the south of Sunbreeze, and one to the north in town, close to Fido's.

#50267 - 06/26/02 03:52 PM Re: Oops, almost forgot, any Net cafes on AC/Sunbreeze?
Johnboy Offline
Grldogjeep, WOW..what a name!!!If you are gonna be in AC Mon(July 1 ) the party is at Fido's for all boardmembers ( & anyone else)
at 8 pm......................John

#50268 - 06/26/02 04:20 PM Re: Oops, almost forgot, any Net cafes on AC/Sunbreeze?
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Note that the Internet place next to El Patio has a membership thing, believe the cost is US$20, which may make sense for anyone planning to use the Internet more than a time or two.

Also, Banana Beach is opening an Internet place, with a high-speed connection, mainly I think for the use of its guests, although it will be located in a small separate building at the front of the resort. Not sure when it will be ready.

--Lan Sluder

#50269 - 06/26/02 04:51 PM Re: Oops, almost forgot, any Net cafes on AC/Sunbreeze?
KC Offline
High speed internet? <kathy's ears perking up>

Are they getting this through Houston Media Systems? I REALLY want high speed internet service, but I can only get sporadic responses from HMS.

Kathy

#50270 - 06/26/02 05:15 PM Re: Oops, almost forgot, any Net cafes on AC/Sunbreeze?
RobertE Offline
Also a place in town down near Fidos and the homemade ice cream shop, not that I like food or anything! I think it is the coconet cafe. $5 US for a half hour last I remember, but I drank a few belikins that trip

#50271 - 06/26/02 06:19 PM Re: Oops, almost forgot, any Net cafes on AC/Sunbreeze?
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Kathy,

Just as a general comment, rather than specifically about Banana Beach, I've seen recently that more and more hotels in Belize are going with one of the satellite services. For example, Kanantik, which is stuck out in the middle of nowhere between Hopkins and Placencia, offers free Internet access to guests on a computer in its lobby, via Starband. Seems to work okay, though the main speed advantage is for downloads. A U.S. address is required, but that's rarely a problem. By next year, especially post-BTL, I think to be competitive many of the major hotels and resorts in Belize will be offering some kind of satellite Internet access for their guests, not to mention for their own use.

--Lan Sluder

#50272 - 06/27/02 01:40 AM Re: Oops, almost forgot, any Net cafes on AC/Sunbreeze?
SFJeff Offline
...there are a NUMBER of folks on AC having pretty great luck w/ Starband (except in really cloudy weather.) -definitely not having the same signal problems that folks with Directv are experiencing right now. Though I DOUBT Starband is going out of business, the Co has filed for bankruptcy protection (due to problems with Dish Networks who they were associated with) ...they say it's just "re-structuring". Another option for sat. net access is Directway (www.directpc.com) -seem to remember seeing a few boxes being unloaded at Tropic with Directway dishes a few weeks ago...

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 95 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.