Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#502701 - 03/27/15 11:16 AM PM Presents Petrocaribe Bill; Opposition Bristles
Marty Online   happy
Last night we told you about the Petrocaribe Loans Bill - which had the opposition in an uproar. Well, it was tabled in the House of Representatives today and set to go through all its stages in one sitting. The PUP Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee was outspoken in his criticism, calling it a dangerous price of legislation and a sign that the Prime Minister has gone mad. But today in the National Assembly, the Prime Minister didn't shy away from the legislation, he said it gave him great pleasure to introduce it. But he took no pleasure in addressing Espat:...

Hon. Dean Barrow, Prime Minister
"Those on the other side - you know, let me try to restrain myself. Said that under this bill, if were to be passed, I would be able to write a Petrocaribe cheque to my family. How ridiculous? How absolutely outrageous? Mr. Speaker, if this bill is passed, all it does is to put beyond question our ability - the authority, the jurisdiction to continue to borrow from Apbel - to continue to make use of the Petrocaribe funds. All the monies will still be a part of the consolidated revenue fund of this country. The central bank will continue to keep the monies in the special account. Every time there is any withdrawal to continue to fund the transformation of this country. It goes through the Ministry of Finance under the complete supervision oversight of the Financial Secretary and all the officials in the Ministry of Finance. Periodically again, as we spend, we will come to the House with the supplementary bills to in fact indicate where the spending has reached, at a particular point in time - allow a debate on the spending that has taken place and then try to pass the supplementary appropriation. In fact, I am undertaking that we will do that half yearly. I've already signaled that we will come back with a mid-year budget, or if they want we can do it every 3 months. There is nothing to hide. We want the Belizean people to know the details. We want them to continue to be impressed by how very much we are spending on the transformation of their lives."

Hon. Francis Fonseca, Leader of the Opposition
"I want to place on the record that we object to the passage of this bill through all its stages today Mr. Speaker. This is not only a scandalous piece of legislation, it is unconstitutional and the Belizean people should have an opportunity to read this bill, to understand this bill and to express their views on this bill before it is passed through this House."

"It does not surprise me that he said that while we intend to pass the bill through all its stages - I had not so indicated. He doesn't even know the standing orders. He doesn't even know the order - it is now that I say it sir. You've been here too long to be so absolutely ignorant."

Hon. Dolores Balderamos-Garcia
"It is disgraceful that the Prime Minister of this country is using that kind of unparliamentarily language in this House."

Michael Peyrefitte, Speaker of the House
"What was the language member? Say it. What did he say?"

Hon. Dolores Balderamos-Garcia
"Calling people ignorant."

"Mr. Speaker I moved and again, this is the appropriate time for those who are ignorant, which means lack of knowledge. When you are ignorant, it means, you lack knowledge."

And the back and forth continued in the house with both sides throwing words at each other. This is expected to intensify tomorrow when the bill is debated.

Outside the house, one protestor joined the cause. Ya-Ya Marin Coleman does her one woman protest every week - and this week she says she heard about the Petrocaribe bill and knew it was all wrong:..

Hon. Julius Espat
"He borrowed the money illegally. He spent the money illegally. He put the money in a special account at the central bank illegally. He came to the House, to try to confirm and validate retrospectively though a motion illegally and now his attorney, who is his brother, has informed him that the submissions that we have made in court is so strong, that he has to go in the direction of a bill and since yesterday we got information that's just what he did and today we were proven right. So, history is showing where he has gone wrong. But even this bill. This bill will give him the right to spend the money from here onwards, but it doesn't retroactively fix the errors that he has done in the past. No legislative bill can do that. So, he will still have to face those actions in court. The Prime Minister speaks to us as if we are ignorant. But he is trying to assume that the Belizean people are ignorant, when financial auditing and accountability will show if he is right or if we are wrong. We will not stop until at the end of the day it is proven that the Prime Minister has been lying to the people of this nation and we prove that he has been acting unlawful and we will continue. If we have to go to the CCJ we will."

Yaya-Marin Coleman - Activist
"I don't even know the details, but the essence that I got made me know this is not good for us and the way things happens around here, whether we agree or agree not, they will ram it down anyways - you see me. So, we will have to pay for it. This is a loan that we will have to pay for. So, let the record show this is how I choose to show my discontent that I am not with it. I am not with it under this administration, under the former administration - I know that I am not the only person who is not with it."

Marin Coleman was out there from morning into the afternoon.

House Debate Occasionally Humorous But Not Wholesome

The Petrocaribe Loan Bill was the first piece of business at today's house meeting - and the second was the budget debate. As is customary, Leader of the Opposition Francis Fonseca opened the debate with his response to the budget. He criticized the UDP for what he characterized as a hollow budget.

"The Prime Minister, apart from his usual political rhetoric and grandstanding, has nothing to say and the budget speech has nothing to offer the Belizean people. We lay bare for all to see the essence of this budget - empty political rhetoric, rounded in petty, vindictive UDP first governance. Well sir, where is your plan for the country? Your obsession with power? Your obsession with a third terms? Render you rudderless and clueless as to Belize's future."

"Mr. Speaker, the 2015/16 budget is a borrow and spend budget. It is a budget founded upon no consultation as usual and grounded in no economic development plan. It offers no new investments in the Belizean economy, no new tourism projects, no new agricultural investments, no manufacturing projects, no new investments in housing development, no investment in arts and culture, youth and sports, no tax reform, no governance reform. The budget for fiscal year 2015/2016 is not only short in length. It is short on vision. It is short on substance. It is short on ideas. It is short on purpose and direction. It is short, Mr. Speaker on solutions to the serious social and economic challenges confronting our beautiful Belize."

"Mr. Speaker, this is a budget delivered by a Prime Minister and a UDP government full of themselves, as I said earlier - intoxicated by power and consumed with their so-called history destiny of a UDP third term. Well, I say to you today and to the Belizean nation, it will not be, it shall not be. Let it be very clear, whenever the Prime Minister calls the elections, we will be ready."

"In an effort to be fair, you are not going to give the member a chance to correct the fact that he garbled a portion of his speech? Shouldn't it have been call the elections now?"

Hon. John Saldivar, Belmopan
"The member speaks about tax, borrow and spend. Like I said, I don't know where he gets the strength to come up here with that type of rhetoric. That described what prevailed between 1998 and 2008. That is what has landed them in the opposition where they will remain for a very long time. Talk about tax. I can't remember that this UDP administration has raised tax. It must have been sometime early in the first administration, when we were trying to fix the problems that they created for this nation. But, certainly if my memory recall for at least the last three budget presentations, we have not had a raise of tax."

Rt. Hon. Said Musa
"When the Prime Minister can boast of his government's muscularity in spending millions of borrowed money, he makes no apology, for running up a huge budget deficit of 141 million dollars. Over 4% of GDP. And even more disturbing trend, to anybody who has any basic knowledge of economics is, that while he professed that he would have a primary surplus of over 37 million dollars in 2014 - it is now showing that there would be a primary deficit of 50 million dollars. When he is telling us that he is coming back in 6 months' time with another budget. Why is there a need for another budget in 6 months' time, Is this one here is not pappy show? If this one, government budget means absolutely nothing and they are just wasting people's time."

The debate wrapped at 6:00 pm today - and continues tomorrow at 9:00 am. IT should got for a while, as there are about 20 persons still left to speak on the budget. And added to that, there's the debate on the Petrocaribe Loans bill - so it's going to be a loooong day.

But we'll have more from today's debate later on in this newscast.

The Dispute Over National Debt

The national debt always factors heavily into the budget debate - and this year more so than usual because the Barrow Administration is using Petrocaribe loans to drive their spending programs. But how much is the national debt, and who is responsible for it. Well there were multiple, differing answers to that question today depending on which side of the house it came from:..

"With an overall public debt of some 2.7 billion dollars, at more than two and a half times that of our revenue. Even with the so-called concessionary terms of our borrowing, our debt servicing is projecting at 180 million dollars for the upcoming fiscal year and begins to spike significantly thereafter. As our debt profile matures and the grim reapers come knocking at our doors."

Hon. John Saldivar, Belmopan
"In 1998, our national debt was just a little above 500 million dollars I recall. In the 10 years that they were the government, they took that figure up to 2.2 billion dollars with a B. In the 7 years that we have been government, we have not even borrowed half a billion dollars yet."

Rt. Hon. Said Musa
"When the UDP came in to office in 2008, the total external debt of the country was 1.7 billion. That's right. Not what the member for Belmopan said a while ago. Its 1.7, the figures are right there. You only have to look at the budget of the very same Prime Minister Dean Barrow in 2008-2009 - 1.7 billion. Today, after 7 years of UDP reckless and unaccountable spending and mis-management of the debt, it is now 2.7 billion dollars. Unless something is terribly wrong with my addition - that is one billion dollars more of debt accumulated by this UDP government. One billion with a B."

AS we told you earlier, the debate begins at 9:00 tomorrow morning and is expected to go into the evening.

Channel 7

#502732 - 03/28/15 10:57 AM Re: PM Presents Petrocaribe Bill; Opposition Bristles [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

Budget Debate Continues; Hon. J. Espat Calls Petrocaribe An Illegal Addition

The budget debate continued today at the House of Representatives in Belmopan - and it went all day. After yesterday's session, there were 20 representatives left to speak - but it went along quite quickly and the Prime Minister started the wrap up at about 5:20.

We'll have a clip of that later, but first to the day's theatrics which inevitably came from the self-appointed bad boy of the House of Representatives, PUP Deputy Leader Julius Espat. In his response to the budget, he said government had become addicted to Petro-Caribe:..

Hon. Julius Espat
"That what we are presented with in this book Mr. Speaker, disguised as a budget, is useless and has absolutely no credibility. You see Mr. Speaker, the Prime Minister's continued use of supplementary appropriation bills and special warrants undermines the essence and the purpose of what a national budget should be."

"This is a continued abuse of the financial regulations of this country. In reality, uses this method of bypassing regulations to enable him to do his political spending. Clear examples of this are his Christmas Cheer program, his mother's day program and his back to school program. Mr. Speaker, the Prime Minister is managing this country comparable to a substance abuser - how a substance abuser would operate or behave. He has this economy totally addicted to an illegal substance and that illegal substance is called Petrocaribe. It is important that the nation understands how deceitful and how unlawful are the actions of the Prime Minister when dealing with the Petrocaribe loans from the beginning."

"Remember the matter is in court, member."

Hon. Julius Espat
"In essence Mr. Speaker, the loan agreement is contrary to the constitution and finance and audit reform act and is therefore void."

"He seems to be arguing...."

"Yes, I told him about it earlier. That is almost the exact query in an application before the court."

Hon. Julius Espat
"Mr. Speaker, I am just doing a summary. I have the right."

"No, no. The matter is before the court. We agreed on that before you started. Member, you are free naturally to talk about Petrocaribe in that light, but you are now arguing your case in the National Assembly."

Hon. Julius Espat
"No Mr. Speaker. The problem is, the signing of the agreement by the Deputy Prime Minister was illegal Mr. Speaker, because he didn't come to us, this honorable house."

"That is before the court, member."

Hon. Julius Espat
"But it's a fact. We can't hide it Mr. Speaker. This honorable house is the legislature that gives authority to the executive to be able to spend our money."

"Mr. Speaker, again, on a point of order. We say the exact opposite, but you are right. This is a matter before the court."

Hon. Julius Espat
"The act that he is proposing has not come yet."

"But you are anticipating it. You will have a chance to debate that."

Hon. Julius Espat
"No. there is a motion that was presented last two weeks Mr. Speaker. I am not hiding that fact. I have it here."

"So, then what is the illegality of what you are talking about?"

Hon. Julius Espat
"The illegality is that the government cannot spend money, cannot borrow money, cannot do anything that has to do with the people's money, if it doesn't come here for approval."

"That is exactly before the court. I have seen the claim form. It is incumbent upon me to look upon the claim form. If you have seen the claim form....."

Hon. Julius Espat
"So, you are telling us that we cannot discuss Petrocaribe here at all?"

"Not in the way you want to discuss it."

Hon. Julius Espat
"In which way would you like us to discuss it?"

"No. look...."

Hon. Julius Espat
"Guide me Mr. Speaker. I am sure you would take my guidance. To put it to you then, you handcuffed yourself in the National Assembly when you took the matter to court."

Hon. Julius Espat
"Fair enough Mr. Speaker. Mr. Speaker, due to the fact that the government is totally addicted to this Petrocaribe funds to finance their projects, he has done absolutely nothing else to help to drive this economy. The PM is his irrational exuberance, made the people understand in no uncertain terms, that the UDP administration is awash in money - in millions and millions of dollars. But Mr. Speaker, the Prime Minister also made it clear, that such money was only for the benefit of those who voted UDP. Am I right or wrong Prime Minister? That is a fact and you can go back to the recording, because you know we have recordings now. And it seems to be a disease that both sides are getting the hit now. Remember, my neighbor and Mr. Castro - that just gives you a little going back in memory. I now have it a policy that anybody that meet with me, they leave their phones on the outside and my neighbor and I, we tend to leave the phone in the center of the street, so we don't really have a problem."

And as you saw in there, Espat made an unapologetic reference to secret recordings - and in so doing he seemed to very deliberately cast aspersions on his PUP colleague John Briceno. Espat has stated clearly he wants Briceno to apologize for accusing him of misappropriating campaign finds - which Espat said is a lie. And so, later on when Espat conceded to the PUP losing at the polls, Briceno made it clear only his stronghold in Orange Walk wasn't among the losers - here's that telling exchange:..

Hon. Julius Espat
"Mr. Speaker, the UDP won - they won."

Hon. John Briceno
"Julius, they never won in Orange East, please."

Hon. Julius Espat
"Mr. Speaker, they won, because even in Orange Walk, they took it from a large margin to a narrow margin."

We note also that opposition leader Francis Fonseca had his head turned for most of that badly behaved back and forth.

PM Responds To Petrocaribe Critics

The budget debate finished at 6:00 pm - and at this hour, the house is debating the Petrocaribe Loans Bill. As per custom, the Prime Minister wrapped up the debate where he challenged the PUP's two principal criticism of the budget: that it was a tax and spend budget and that it relied all on loans - we have this courtesy WAVE TV:

"That we are a government of taxation. You see why I have to accused them of being ignorant and then they get vex? Ignorant, meaning they lack knowledge. My goodness man, the records are there. This government has not imposed any new taxes for the last 5 years. Then the second one was that we borrow. Well Mr. Speaker, of course we borrow. There is no government in the world that doesn't borrow. There is nothing wrong with borrowing, so long as you borrow on the right terms and conditions. So long as you borrow in the right way. So long as you borrow in the UDP way."

"A part from the super bond, which by the way is 48% of the total debt stock. Super bond that is squarely and eternally on you. A part from the super bond, our debt stock is comprised exclusively, wholly, completely of concessionary borrowing. You know the member for Cayo South, he has been scolded by the southern caucus, said that Petrocaribe is like an addict or is addictive and we are addicts because we use Petrocaribe. Again, would you allow me to shed some light on your ignorance sir? Petrocaribe is only responsible for 4 cents out of every dollar that the government of Belize spends. I don't know how you can call that an addict? Check your facts, check your figures. Mr. Speaker, we have spent their money, not just wisely, but transparently. In fact, that's one of the reasons that they are so frantic, they are so put out that they get into these fits and paroxysms of anger, because we continue to talk over and over about what we do with the Petrocaribe money. We are not hiding anything and people compare and contrast. That is why they have lost every single election since 2003."

And later on - also courtesy of WAVE TV - we'll have a few clips form the debate on the petrocaribe loans motion.

Channel 7

#502941 - 04/03/15 11:13 AM Re: PM Presents Petrocaribe Bill; Opposition Bristles [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

NTUCB Questions Decision By Labour Senator Ray Davis

Despite howls of protest form the opposition, The Petrocaribe Loans Act has been approved by the House and the Senate. But the National Trade Union Congress of Belize says it rejects the piece of legislation as un-democratic. But that wasn't the impression the public got on Monday when the Senate met in Belmopan and the Labour Senator abstained on the vote. In the end it passed with a slim six to five majority. Well, some in the labour movement were none too happy about that vote - and last night Ray Davis was called to account to the general council of the NTUCB. The meeting was held at the PSU office on Kut Avenue in Belize City - and 7News was there. We caught up with Davis at about 8:45 when he was leaving before the end of the meeting:...

Jules Vasquez
"Some in the labour movement or should say Audrey Matura-Shepherd has indicated that your abstention at the Senate meeting on the Petrocaribe Loans Bill was dubious/shady?"

Hon. Ray Davis, Senator - Labour
"She will be coming out of the meeting in a short while."

Jules Vasquez
"Was that sentiment voiced in there?"

"No. I am saying that when she comes out, then you will have a good opportunity to really have a discussion with her on that."

Jules Vasquez
"Was your abstention the product of a union consensus position or is it your position?"

"When the president comes out of the meeting, that's the purpose of what he is going to be talking to you and explaining everything to you. I would not be in a position right now to discuss with you how and what the meeting is...."

Jules Vasquez
"I am asking you about the Senate meeting. If the position you took at the Senate meeting, was the position of a union consensus or was it your personal position?"

"There is no personal anything when I go into the Senate. I am there representing trade unionists."

Jules Vasquez
"So, you took an advised position?"

"That part of it... that's the area that I think the president is going to be speaking to you all with."

Jules Vasquez
"Is there disharmoney ranker in that meeting right now? We saw brother Luke leave in a rush and we see you leaving."

"No. There is no ranker. What happen is that I have done my part, so I have to leave the trade union congress now to have the remainder of their meeting, so that they can do what type of deliberation and extension that's needed. That's a different level. I am not a member of.....I am their Senator."

Reporter
"A deliberation as to whether you are kept on as their Senator."

"I don't know how to explain this to you all. The president is going to come out of the meeting and he is going to be briefing you with everything regarding this. So, you are asking me - you are fishing for an answer that I cannot give."

Reporter
"Sir, why did you abstain from the vote?"

"Now you are asking the same question that I already answered Jules."

Reporter
"But you must have your reason."

"Now you are starting the same thing again."

Reporter
"But you are not answering. You must have a reason why is it that you abstain from voting."

"That's right, so, you are going to get it there my brother. That's what I am saying to you. You are trying to illicit something from me that I am not going to give you."

Reporter
"You have mentioned that you have done your part when it comes to the Senate meeting. I am saying, in fact you haven't done your part, you didn't do anything."

"And what am I supposed to say to you now?"

Reporter
"The reason for."

"No. That's going to come there my brother. You are not understanding that I am telling you that you are going to get your information there. So, the drilling here my friend, what do you expect you are going to get from me that I don't want to give you?"

Reporter
"Honesty."

"No. It's going to come there. That's why I went there, to put honesty there."

And so when the general council meeting was finished at 9:15 pm - we did get to speak to the NUTCB chairman to find out what was the honest account that Ray Davis gave them. Marvin Mora told the media that Davis had his own reasons to abstain - but that he should have voted no:

Marvin Mora, President - NTUCB
"Taking a position of abstention could mean several things. However, clearly he did not vote in favor of it and we had already discuss that internally - we have addressed that with him. He had his own reasons that he gave to the congress. The congress is still looking at that issue. However, we are clear that we do not support that bill. We wouldn't have supported that bill."

Jules Vasquez
"So then, did Senator Davis act incorrectly or without the mandate of the unions when he abstain?"

"It is not an issue of whether he acted incorrectly or without the mandate of the union. I think it's an issue of concept that he took it upon himself to address it in the manner that he have gave it thought. It is definitely something that the unions wouldn't have supported - his position taking an abstention. We would have supported a position that he voted no for it."

Jules Vasquez
"Will you all be seeking to replace Ray Davis as senator?"

Audrey Matura-Shepherd, President - CWU
"There has been indication by some members that they would need to rethink his position. But we are not at that point yet, because whatever happens to Mr. Ray Davis as the Senator for the unions, has to come from the general council, but it has to also come from each union, indicating through their membership - are they satisfied or not satisfied with the representation they get from him. That said, it doesn't mean that we do not appreciate the service he has given. At today's meeting, it was made clear that everyone was disappointed with the way he chose to conduct himself on the final vote. Whatever steps we take, some of them will be internal and at the same time we will not tear down our brother publicly, even if that's what the media want."

Jules Vasquez
"Okay, but he said outside and we ask him very specifically 'when you voted, when you abstain, did you act personally or did you act with the consensus and mandate of the union?' he said he never act personally when he is on that stage. So, then we take that to mean that maybe he misinterpreted the consensus, or maybe the consensus position has changed. Are either of those the case sir, madam?"

"It's unfortunate that he would say that and him having said that. Let me tell you clearly, he never got the consensus from this body or any individual with authority in this body to act as he did. We told him that. Some of us were very forceful with the level of disappointment. So, we cannot answer for what he told you out there. Clearly, that is his position, but that's not the position of this meeting that we just held. We have everybody here and if I mis-speak, they can clarify it."

"We did not have enough time to come together to give him a clear direction. This is how we want you to vote. We want you to vote no."

"If you wanted us to say we gave him a call and clear cut and told him you have to vote no. That never happened. On hindsight, maybe that's what he needed. But we don't spoon feed him."

"Brother Ray Davis, in hindsight, could have acted better. If that's what you want us to say. He could have acted better. But he acted with the information that he had at that point in time when he was there. Now, in regards to what would have happen if he would have violated a clear directive from the NTUCB - that would be a different story and that's the reason why it is something that has to be debated internally and it has to go to the membership."

And so while Davis's fate will be decided by the general membership - how will the union respond to the Petrocaribe Loans Act? Mora and Matura-Shepherd kept their cards close to their chests:..

"We are looking at different possibilities, different ways that we can tackle this particular issue. However, we don't want to expose all the things that we plan to do and that we want to do and we should do. What we want to do is to continue the planning stages and decide how we are going to proceed on a go forward basis, but with the majority consensus always."

Jules Vasquez
"Will you all be seeking to have a discourse with government or will you all be seeking a course of direct action?"

"I believe that, again Jules, those are things that we still have to go deeper into, so that we basically cross all our T's and dot our I's, because this is a bill of very much significance."

"We do have a plan of what we want to do, but we will not reveal it to the press. It will be revealed at the right time. We will go to our membership first, because it entails us going back to the people who we will call out and mobilize. So, they must have a say. Us saying that, in no way means that we don't know what we want to do. Because this kind of action in no way means that the union will sit by. This is just the beginning of the work. Our long term goal would be for every Belizean to support the fact that it should be repeal."

And on Belizean with whom the union may find common cause is Michael Ashcroft. He has a long list of legislation passed by the Barrow Administration, which he opposed - and now the unions are in the same boat. And those are the same unions he's been begging to meet with him for over a month. So will the date between labour and capital ever happen? Mora says they are communicating but nothing is settled:..

"We are still going to deal with that internally, because the union believe that we must give respect to a process that we started of communication with them, but one that is satisfied and concluded, the union will definitely get back to the media and tell you what the decision on that particular issue was."

And while we wait on that decision, the Unions have already decided to rally on Labour Day. Last year they did the same, but the event was a bust, less than 50 persons attended. Mora says this year they plan to go much bigger.

"The NTUC is organization an event - a rally and we will give the media more details as we put it together. But want to do something larger."

The NTUCB press conference finished at 9:35 pm.

Channel 7

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Pokey, Marty, CaptOneIron, 2 invisible), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.