Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
From a friend...

This company does this all the time, running full speed between the docks into the shallows in front of Ramon's. Shortly before this there were Ramon's guests snorkeling in the same area. Shortly after this all the kids were ejected into the shallows. The second shot is a jet ski running about 30 mph within 15' of Ramon's Village Resort snorkeling area. I'll be surprised if this weekend doesn't end up with someone getting hurt.

D
D
This is one of the things I disliked most about Aruba. Sorry to see it starting in SP.

Dawn Schick
R
R
Jet skis are one of the worse inventions ever IMHO. They're noisy; mostly driven by people who haven't a clue about marine rules and safety; they invade privacy and they are dangerous. When I was cruising and anchored out in a quite cove it really thrilled me to have them go by and then do about six circles around me checking us out. Wake, what wake. Noise what noise.

Luckily I haven't heard of too many bad accidents. I did see one try to splash some people on a dock (not here in Belize)and not really knowing what he was doing he slid into the concrete piling and about totaled the jet ski. Sometimes there is justice. Their appearance here on the Island started with only a few but this year there seems to be many more. frown

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
I'm with Ragman. When these were first mentioned, and later actually showed up, I knew the vendor would not be able to counsel his clients in the "etiquette" of marine safety, an courtesy, much less common sense. "Yahoo! I'm on vacation, beer is good, and I have a throttle under my hand!"

The new NCL cruise port off Placencia will offer mini-boats for ship-sponsored selection when in port. Four-stroke allowing a "captain" and "co-captain" with room for one more adult or two kids in the back. Can't wait. <snark>

Ramon's is one of my favorite spots for swimming when I visit San Pedro. I guess I will find a new spot... frown

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
S
S
It's not Ramon's fault, they have nothing to do with it, it's the company that runs the Jet Skis. I'm sure Ramon's management would not be happy if they saw what was going on.

Simon, I wonder if once viewed, the mgt/owner of Ramon's wouldn't simply put LED signs on the jet skis in question...

S
S
I don't think you get it. The jet skis don't belong to Ramon's and they are not run out of Ramon's, they have nothing to do with this behavior. I get that you don't like the clock, who does, but you're just clouding the issue.

*sigh* Purely humorous intent Simon, and specifically for those who understand the Ramon's owner's propensity for bright signs in public places. The implication that he'll LED anything that moves (or doesn't). I never said they were Ramon's jet skis and I most certainly do get it...completely.

Best,
B

I agree, I used to tell my friends one of the great things about AC is they didn't have those damn jet skis all over the place.

G
G
Employment opportunity for marine policing in and around the waterways of San Pedro?

Originally Posted by ragman
Jet skis are one of the worse inventions ever IMHO.

I couldn't agree more. The devil's playthings!

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.