Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#50309 03/01/02 01:21 AM
D
drtrab Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm going to San Pedro for the first time and was wondering if any of you guys had some suggestions on where to eat. My travel agent recommended Sweet Basil for lunch and Blue Water Grill for dinner. Any input on either of these places?

F
F
Sweet Basils is wonderful and fun just getting there.
Don't know about the Blue Water Grill...
But you have to try Calientes for lunch and dinner. Lunch they have a great lime soup and dinner the best shrimp.
Try Celi's for garnaches for a quick snack...they are so good.
Also try Elvi's...it was very nice as well.
And BC's for the BBQ on sunday about noon.
Can't go wrong...

L
L
Definitely Sweet Basils! Blue Water Grill was not there when I was there last May. I also liked Papis, La Margarita, and the street vendors.

A
A
Unless you eat a taco from one of the street vendors in front of the park, you will not have truly exerienced San Pedro. Once may be enough for you, however, my 16 year old son wanted to stop by every night, regardless of where or when we actually ate dinner.

Papi's (north of town, one street back from the beach - behind Seven Seas) is a great Belizean style diner. It's another taste of local flavor.

Haven't been there yet, but, Jambel's Jerk Pit has gotten great recommendations. Reportedly not the same league as Jamaican jerk, but, pretty good.

I think everyone on the board will agree about BC's beach BBQ on Sunday - don't miss it.

B
B
frozen north: (Us, too, by the way. Expecting 14" of snow in the next 24 hours!) We'll be in AC in mid-April and are planning to follow your recommendations for eats. What's a "garnache"? Checked out Celi's website and didn't see it on her menu.

[This message has been edited by BankerWoman (edited 03-01-2002).]

Jambel's is a must do! Haven't eaten better Jamican Jerk. "ALL" the other places mentioned are good too1......Richard

J
J
Up north
Rendezvous Restaurant next to journey's end
Capricorn south of captain morgans
Mata Chica 1 1/2 miles north of journey's end
Portofino 2 1/2 miles north of journey's end
Josh

F
F
A garnaches is a flat taco...with refried beans, cabbage and cheese....may sound a bit strange...but with a little hot sause...makes a great snack. They are .60 bz
Can't go wrong...give one a try. We would get a couple each and a Fanta orange and go sit on the beach behind Celi's. Give their restaurant on the beach a try, as well.
**I am adding to the recommendation of the street vendors...we tried hotdogs at Rosa's by the park. Not like New York...but good all the same.**

[This message has been edited by frozen north (edited 03-01-2002).]

Frozen,
Sounds like the fried tacos at Jack in the Box, at least down here! They are only 69cents here. Love em , buy em by the 6 pack every now and then.........Richard
I'd still rather go to AC for the Tacos!

[This message has been edited by Richard Chambers (edited 03-01-2002).]

B
B
Sweet Basil was my favorite- great sandwiches and salads. Calinte is good too the coconut shrimp are to die for! And also Rico's cafe located on the beach in front of Banyan bay.
With out these tree places I would have starved to death...cooking is a bit different on AC at the Blue Water Grill my Lobster tails and mash potatoes where sitting in an inch thick oil & butter sause- (needless to say was feed to the local cat that was walking through the resturant!)
But i do have a weak stomach-
Have fun

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.