Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shyboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Wife saw large carved Iguana and MUST have one. Do you have one for sale OR tell me where to get a large one. Long term marriage; want longer........

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
How about Belizean Arts inside Fido's

Shyboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Been there; done that... No luck..

Thanks for the tip..

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
been to any of the Toucan Stores

C
C
Just ask one of the carvers to make one. Edwin X made a pig and harpy eagle for me. I have not seen him around lately, but James who is in front of Estel's does excellent custom work, as does Ajah who is between Wild Mango's and Blue Water Grilll.

Shyboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you both.... I will be back mid April and look into both Reponses. Not familiar with Toucan stores but will check it out. Now have a lot of friends who have been on the Island for years.

Yes; "Joe" carved the one that my wife had to have. I don't know if he's still around but, I will check out Toucan and all carvers named.

Thanks so much. I'll post a picture in a couple of months.

S
S
Joe can be found behind the bike/tire/automotive shop just south of the bridge. Right hand side as you're looking at the bridge. He had polio as a child so he should be easy to spot. If you see him on the street he usually has a young boy with him or his poodle "whiskey" in the front basket. Just ask the guys at the shop and they will point you to him. I have probably 25 pieces from Joe.

I will warm you now. His work is great but his prices are high. He only carves out of a single piece though when he can. No glued on legs or tail.

Last edited by Snakestang; 04/09/15 07:14 AM.
Shyboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Well; I'm on the island and found "my man".. I ended up going to Richard Zetina at "the little old craft shop. We hit it off well and his price was very fair.

I'm leaving Tuesday but he will deliver it while I'm gone.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Shyboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Well; it's been awhile but I finally ended up with a five foot carved Iguana that I had wanted as a present for my wife. I actually ended up with two of them ( one smaller). If I knew how to attach a picture I would. [Linked Image]
Well; I tried to attach and don't know if I did it. If it's a picture of my dog, please forgive a novice.

Shyboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Well; that's the small one. Anyway; not my dog. My dog is better looking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.