Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#503423 - 04/17/15 11:59 AM Best place to buy cleaning supplies on the island?
mawags Offline
Where should i go to get the best mops, brooms and cleaning supplies, is there any place that sells decent quality?How about grills also?

Edited by mawags (04/17/15 12:00 PM)

#503431 - 04/17/15 05:12 PM Re: Best place to buy cleaning supplies on the island? [Re: mawags]
Bing Crosby Offline
Really? the best place to buy cleaning supplies?

#503434 - 04/17/15 06:21 PM Re: Best place to buy cleaning supplies on the island? [Re: mawags]
SimonB Offline

#503436 - 04/17/15 08:27 PM Re: Best place to buy cleaning supplies on the island? [Re: mawags]
Judyann H. Offline
Mawags; this is a fair question......It's a challenge shopping on any island and Ambergris Caye is no exception.....Consistency, availability & quality are the biggest obstacles......We find that Super Buy South & Mermaids are 2 stores that meet the requirements ......I've learned enough Spanish to discover some really great cleaning products that are even better than the familiar name brands......And when all else fails a majitel, pinol, & bleach can clean up anything.....It did take me awhile to learn how to use a mop.....I'm doing much better now.....With regard to Grills (like charbroilers or bbq?) we finally imported after going through one every 6 months......Good Luck and feel free to send me a note if you have more questions.....

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

#503439 - 04/17/15 11:34 PM Re: Best place to buy cleaning supplies on the island? [Re: mawags]
ScubaLdy Offline
I get most of mine at Castillo's Hardware

#503444 - 04/18/15 10:56 AM Re: Best place to buy cleaning supplies on the island? [Re: Judyann H.]
mawags Offline
thanks Judyann, yes it is challenging, i am going to every store, it is hard to find decent quality mops and stuff here,

#503446 - 04/18/15 10:59 AM Re: Best place to buy cleaning supplies on the island? [Re: Bing Crosby]
mawags Offline
Sorry Bing, new on the island and still trying to find things, this board is very helpful in that respect.

#503457 - 04/18/15 05:18 PM Re: Best place to buy cleaning supplies on the island? [Re: mawags]
ScubaLdy Offline
And some people actually do their own cleaning!

#503505 - 04/20/15 02:21 PM Re: Best place to buy cleaning supplies on the island? [Re: mawags]
Bing Crosby Offline
The point I was trying to make is that things like cleaning supplies can be found on AC just by looking. As a matter of fact I think you might enjoy the search. As for doing my own cleaning, I do and always have. I also mastered the intricacies of the mop at about age 16 when I worked cleaning the floors at my local grocery store.

#504072 - 05/07/15 08:22 PM Re: Best place to buy cleaning supplies on the island? [Re: mawags]
DNR Offline
Well. . .since we're looking at moving in the next 9 months, I'll throw a wrench into the works. I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. Yes, there is actually such a thing, and it can make me quite ill. Anyway, I'm wondering if there are such things in AC that are considered chemical free like there are here in the states? Not only cleaning supplies, but laundry detergent, hand soap, dish soap, etc. It's a matter of health and breathing (which is considered important).

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (QuestGirl, 1 invisible), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,315 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.